Android Pay on s7 edge.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi.

I've just set up Android Pay on my phone in the UK.

In the Tap and Pay Section in settings their is two options to choose from.

1st is the logo of my bank.

2nd is Android Pay.

Which do I choose ?

Also.... Does Android Pay not need my fingerprint on the sensor when using. The guidelines suggest not.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what your bank's logo means. Usually, more than one option in the Tap and Pay section means that more than one pay option is available. Does your bank offer a tap and pay solution itself? If you want to use Android Pay, choose Android Pay. Mine shows Android Pay and Samsung Pay. I am currently using Samsung Pay because of their new Rewards system, but this is where I choose which payment method I wish to use by default.

Android Pay does not need verification once the phone is unlocked. It uses the phone's security as its security. In fact, you cannot even activate Android Pay if you do not have security activated on your phone. If after activating Android Pay you turn off your phone's security, Android Pay will deactivate.

When I was using a Nexus 6P, all I did to pay was touch the fingerprint reader, and tap. You do not even have to open Android Pay. It will activate when the phone is unlocked and it detects an NFC payment reader.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure you even need the phone unlocked, just the screen lit up? I'm sure I've used it that way on the underground. I think for low cost items less that £30 that contactless works with then you don't have to unlock

tshirttan408

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure you even need the phone unlocked, just the screen lit up? I'm sure I've used it that way on the underground. I think for low cost items less that £30 that contactless works with then you don't have to unlock

I'm fairly certain it has to be unlocked to stop someone randomly taking your phone and just using it to pay for things

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Update.

I've chosen Android Pay as shown in my attached picture above and used it to pay for items for the first time yesterday.

No issues.

I had to wake the phone to use it.

Payment was a small amount. £4

My bank says I'd need to Unlock the phone for payments over £30.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez