Anybody here who switched to Pixel then back?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I just watched a lot of videos of the S7 edge running Nougat.

The stutters and latency in opening apps and switching between apps and just navigating through the phone never bothered me.

But watching those videos, I think im spoiled by Pixel. The the little delays, I could notice quite easily.

That made me really happy about my Pixel. Maybe its a stupid thing but I've become one of those people who have started noticing the nano seconds delay in navigating through the UI. Used to hate those kinds of people. I guess I'm one of them now.

Plus I got a protector for the back glass panel which just covers the glass. I'm using the phone naked now with a glass protector on the front and that plastic protector covering the back portion. Makes a huge difference. Using a cheap case made this phone feel cheap. Without a cover it's a whole other story.

Pixel for me.

Thank you. I see the thread was going way off topic anyways.
You have me thinking about the nexus 6p again. I had that for a short time then got the Note 5 and it had a defective screen burn kssue...so it was returned to Amazon. Was going to get a note 5 again but concerns about screen...the nexus 6p was liquid smooth no stutter just a joy. I'd go for the lg v20 but on Amazon. It's just too much for me.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
You have me thinking about the nexus 6p again. I had that for a short time then got the Note 5 and it had a defective screen burn kssue...so it was returned to Amazon. Was going to get a note 5 again but concerns about screen...the nexus 6p was liquid smooth no stutter just a joy. I'd go for the lg v20 but on Amazon. It's just too much for me.

Yes I've finally started to see what people had been talking about in the reviews.

One word for Pixel = instant.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I switch back and forth all the time. But i also have the S7 edge and Pixel XL and 7+ and picked up a Mate 9 the other day too.
I swap phones back and forth....just take the sim out pop it into what phone I feeling that day.

Love my S7 edge running the Nougat beta still. But can't wait for the S8!

This is awesome, and actually my dream! LOL. I thought it was to get married and have kids; but maybe it's actually to swap SIM cards between a bunch of phones... ;).

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I have both. Pixel XL and Coral Blue S7 Edge. The edge is hands down the best designed/looking phone ever created. I don't even know why I still have the Pixel. My SIM is in my Edge and it's simply the best made phone. Looks good, works good, water resistant, SD card, crazy good camera, crazy good screen, amazing 5.5 screen profile. Has it all and then some.

anon(9708869)

Banned
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I switch back and forth all the time. But i also have the S7 edge and Pixel XL and 7+ and picked up a Mate 9 the other day too.
I swap phones back and forth....just take the sim out pop it into what phone I feeling that day.

Love my S7 edge running the Nougat beta still. But can't wait for the S8!
How do you switch from the 7+ to the Androids without creating total chaos? I have the 7+ and I am always testing out the latest phones (billionaire, LOL) and going to and from those platforms just feels chaotic to me, but I can't just use my iPhone. Ugh.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have my s7edge on tmobile jump on demand. Plan to swap it for the S8 if they have a big version or the Note 8 for sure depending on when it's out. I have a Nexus 6P on its way as a 2nd phone but likely it'll become my primary and I'll be using the S7Edge for Samsung pay. What's cool is I don't have to switch the sim into the s7edge to use Samsung pay.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
How do you switch from the 7+ to the Androids without creating total chaos? I have the 7+ and I am always testing out the latest phones (billionaire, LOL) and going to and from those platforms just feels chaotic to me, but I can't just use my iPhone. Ugh.
Lol I like the change actually. It's nice to use something different. I have basically the same setup on all my phones. I just have to remember to sign out of iMessage on my 7+ when switching to an Android phone.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes I've finally started to see what people had been talking about in the reviews.

One word for Pixel = instant.
It is such a hard battle between the two I cant decide so I am just going to keep both. I had sold my pixel and after 3 days without it I missed it. So I bought a new one. Now I have the new one and I miss the s7. I guess I just have to accept that switching back and forth constantly is okay. I like both too much for such different reasons to give one up.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
It is such a hard battle between the two I cant decide so I am just going to keep both. I had sold my pixel and after 3 days without it I missed it. So I bought a new one. Now I have the new one and I miss the s7. I guess I just have to accept that switching back and forth constantly is okay. I like both too much for such different reasons to give one up.
That's pretty much what I've decided. My s7edge is on tmobile jump demand. But I keep missing a bigger acreen, and currently only bigger screens are non samsung (flagship style, that is). I have had a Note 5 and a Nexus 6P lately, back and forth. Now waiting on the Nexus 6P to deliver tomorrow so I have that and the edge.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
That's pretty much what I've decided. My s7edge is on tmobile jump demand. But I keep missing a bigger acreen, and currently only bigger screens are non samsung (flagship style, that is). I have had a Note 5 and a Nexus 6P lately, back and forth. Now waiting on the Nexus 6P to deliver tomorrow so I have that and the edge.
I've heard great things about the 6P, just a monster phone. I actually downsized to the regular pixel and love the size! I can say that the s7 edge 5.5" screen is the most impressive form factor. Hold that and an iPhone 7 plus together, pretty wild how they got the s7 edge so small.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

Don't you notice the slight delays while navigating through a Samsung now that you've used stock Android?

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

The Oneplus 3T would've been an amazing option as well. It's the fastest phone out there and the built quality is just perfect. The 6P is amazing too with those speakers and stock Android. How much did you get it for?

I'm a poor tech lover guy :p I buy my phones used. And I can only afford one at a time. So I've settled on Pixel. I think im one of the 4 people who have the Pixel in my country :p the camera is amazing and I've started to feel and appreciate the instant nature of the software.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
The one I'm waiting on is through Amazon Prime it's $430

Right there with the 3T. I think Oneplus did an excellent job with the 3T. My first priority is camera and ONLY the camera on that phone is mediocre.

The 6P is the best phone for consuming media. And I think it always will be, for a very long time, since no phone with front facing speakers and a screen of that size will come out any time soon.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

The only thing the Pixel has going for it is the quickness in the software, but it wasn't enough to keep me on the phone. I didn't care that the software was a measly millisecond or two faster because it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. The hardware is always most important to me.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
The 6P is the best phone for consuming media. And I think it always will be, for a very long time, since no phone with front facing speakers and a screen of that size will come out any time soon.

Have you checked out the Huawei Mate 9? It has amazing front-facing speakers for media and a 5.9 inch screen and it's only $599.99!