Broken display

u7mg0

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
so bummed. never had this happen. my S7Edge fell off my lap onto floor. display is totally shatterred. so much for Gorilla glass. called a few places ubreakifix etc. and will be about $400 to replace. called Verizon and Samsung - no help. anyone have this happen and any suggesstions? or i am just screwed

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm assuming you don't have insurance?

I have five phones on my plan, and I end up replacing one every couple years...

FCSC

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
if you want to keep you warranty, the only way would be through an insurance replacement phone.

if you don't have insurance, you either have to buy a new one, or get it fixed at a 3rd party and void your warranty.

I've been using my S7e with a cracked screen for 6th months now, I might pull the trigger on an a replacement from Assurian for ~200 USD

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
so bummed. never had this happen. my S7Edge fell off my lap onto floor. display is totally shatterred. so much for Gorilla glass. called a few places ubreakifix etc. and will be about $400 to replace. called Verizon and Samsung - no help. anyone have this happen and any suggesstions? or i am just screwed
Mine was in a case when the glass shattered. Like you, I called around and got some estimates for repair. Two shops wanted $350 and $375. I just went out and bought a US unlocked S7 Edge while it was on sale during Christmas at BestBuy.

There are no guarantees that those shops would maintain the phones water resistant integrity so I bought a new one. I'm still using the one with the cracked glass since it's cracked only at the bottom near the recents button and doesn't interfere with the display at all. I just don't want to use a phone like that as m daily although I had two S7 Edge phones from pre-release in February.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Physical damage voids warranty anyway so dropping it and breaking the glass voids the warranty.
Sending to Samsung would give you a new warranty on the repair but they would/should still note it as having a voided warranty.
Those screens are expensive. SAMOLED display with curved glass. Yup.. expensive.
Ultimately if your more worried about the IP rating it needs to go back to the manufacturer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress