Two Issues with Nougat update s7edge

Foxmcloud1990

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Ever since the update to nougat two things have annoyed me so much, and I haven't found answers anywhere.

First is my wifi. If I'm driving around with WiFi on, but I'm not connected to it, it will not stop trying to force me to log into random nearby wifi signals. It does it for the generic ones from big IPs like Comcast or cox Internet. It literally sends me a notification that I have to dismiss, then the screen switches to the "login to this wifi" screen, which I have to close. Then literally 5 seconds later it repeats this until I turn wifi off. Of course this all slows my phone down to a crawl for a good minute or two.

The other one was the on-call functions. I used to be able to access contacts and stuff while on a call, but now I can't. I have a feeling this is just an unavoidable feature of Nougat, but I just want to be sure.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
For the wifi notifications go to settings > connections > wi-fi > 3 dots > advanced.

For the on-call functions, it may vary by carrier, but you can press the home button and do anything you like while you are on call. If you are looking for something more specific, I am sorry for the misunderstanding, just let us know.

Foxmcloud1990

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
In wifi settings I already had every switch flipped off. So I don't know why it would still be notifying me. I did erase then out of the saved network list, so hopefully that will fix that. I'll check the home button on my next call. Thanks for the help

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
In wifi settings I already had every switch flipped off. So I don't know why it would still be notifying me. I did erase then out of the saved network list, so hopefully that will fix that. I'll check the home button on my next call. Thanks for the help
Your quite welcome!

You might want to boot into recovery and wipe the cache partition.

Also, go into your internal storage in device maintenance > storage and clear cached data for all apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch