Can power saving mode affect wifi connectivity?

Shinedowngirl87

May 22, 2017
Visit site
We just switched internet providers at the beginning of the month, Wifi was going in and out with our previous internet provider A LOT. Wifi and internet has been much better lately. But today I noticed Wifi went in and out when I go to unlock my screen it's off and once I unlock my screen it comes back on quickly. Is this because I have power saving mode on? I did a FDR a few days ago and it just started doing it tonight. It's only on my phone. Is there a setting I can find that will fix this?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
It stops apps accessing the internet via WiFi or mobile data. You can go into the power saving settings and customise to change this.

Shinedowngirl87

May 22, 2017
Visit site
It's not the apps, my Wifi symbol will have a exclamation point when unlock my screen then it goes away and says I'm connected again. It hasn't done it today. All other devices stay connected.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes, the phone is saving power by pausing the WiFi radio when it's asleep. Then, if you wake it up, it has to connect again to the WiFi router..
You have done setting in the actual power saving mode where you can keep background apps connected (therefore keeping WiFi awake)..
Or you can just shorten screen on time and turn brightness down a bit. That will extend battery life nicely