how does the S7's always-on screen prevent burn-in?

I've seen so many S6 and Note 5 with burned-in AMOLED screen, especially words or notification icons that remained on the screen for way too long...
    02-22-2016 12:56 PM
    As someone who's owned nearly every AMOLED S-phone and Note Samsung has come out with (I skipped the S5 and S6 in favor of Note variants), I can say I've never seen any burn in. That being said, it is a valid concern and one I hadn't considered. I do hope they make this an optional feature though. No matter how 'dim' this is, I'd hate to have it always on in dark places like movie theaters.

The clock will always move, and maybe the notifications would scroll? I still wouldn't be concerned about it though if I were to use it.
    02-22-2016 01:03 PM
    As someone who's owned nearly every AMOLED S-phone and Note Samsung has come out with (I skipped the S5 and S6 in favor of Note variants), I can say I've never seen any burn in. That being said, it is a valid concern and one I hadn't considered. I do hope they make this an optional feature though. No matter how 'dim' this is, I'd hate to have it always on in dark places like movie theaters.

The clock will always move, and maybe the notifications would scroll? I still wouldn't be concerned about it though if I were to use it.
    It is also smart so if it's in a pocket or purse or face down (covering the sensor) it won't turn on.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    02-22-2016 01:56 PM

I haven't seen any burn in either on any of my Galaxy devices. And yes the information is moving around, to avoid burn in.
    02-22-2016 01:58 PM
    how does the S7's always-on screen prevent burn-in?

I've seen so many S6 and Note 5 with burned-in AMOLED screen, especially words or notification icons that remained on the screen for way too long...
    The information on the screen moves around periodically to prevent burn in.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-22-2016 01:59 PM
    I haven't seen any burn in either on any of my Galaxy devices. And yes the information is moving around, to avoid burn in.
    so it will move around like a 1980s computer screensaver? good to know.. one less thing to worry.
    02-22-2016 02:30 PM
    so it will move around like a 1980s computer screensaver? good to know.. one less thing to worry.
    I'd say more like a 1990s computer screensaver. Not many computers in the 1980s were that sophisticated.

Posted via the Android Central App from my LG G4
    SpookDroid likes this.
    02-22-2016 04:58 PM