Galaxy S7 keeps disconnecting from Wifi

JohnPatrick Yu

May 6, 2016
Visit site
I got my S7 a couple days ago. Set up and transfer of all my data went smooth with no issues. The only problem I am having is it keeps disconnecting a reconnecting to my wifi. It is constant connected disconnected connected disconnected. It's never connected long enough for me to get anything done. I have read about this issue, and fixes for previous galaxy generations, like turning off wifi power save mode. I have tried different settings, and and even tried the push button WPS connection or whatever it is with my wireless router. please help

Maybe what you mean is when your phone goes to sleep the wifi turns off?you go to wifi then more and on the keep wifi on during sleep

xRuckus

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happened to my Galaxy S7. 5G would keep disconnecting and would show "internet not available" 2.4G is perfect though. what i did was
1. turn off smart network switch 2. turn off bluetooth scanning. 3. download wifi analyzer app from play store 4. switch router to the best channel (mine was 40)

everythings awesome now :) hope this helped

Shivani Broghan

May 9, 2016
Visit site
Smart Switch disabled seems to be working for now. Thanks for that suggestion.

But it seems like a bug that even when the WiFi is back to a decent level, it will not switch back. So no more Smart Switch for me!

IrishBaritone

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Just bought a Samsung Galaxy S7 a few days ago. Worked fine with my Linksys EA3500. Now I'm having the same issue as others. WiFi on the phone keeps trying to connect to the network. Once it looks like it's going to connect, it turns off and on again. Cycle repeats forever. I've turned off all of the dozen or so settings everyone has described. Still jacked. Should I just take it back and try to get a new one?

Matt Zappasodi

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm seeing the same issues on a new Verizon S7.

I'm a sysadmin so my home network isn't what most people have. The router is a UBNT EdgeRouter, and wireless is via an AeroHive AP230 (.11ac)

The issue isn't the infrastructure. Hopefully a update comes soon to fix it.

Hey SRYAN i have a similar background, and UBNT setup, what did you do for the fix?

BobboloFaraglia

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Same problem here. S7 on ATT with Linksys E4200 router. My old S4 and a Galaxy Tab S 10.5 are able to hold onto the 5GHz band with no issue. My S7 seems to lose it during standby (smart network switch is off and is set to keep wi-fi on during sleep). It will even drop connection sitting next to router. When I wake the phone, the 5GHz is not connected, but shows up in the available network list but with an error "Internet not available". I am able to select the 5GHz network manually and connect with no problems or password required. It will then hold the connection for the several minutes I am using the phone.

Samsung tech support had me to full factory reset. I then set the device up as new and only attempted to log onto the network. Same problem.
ATT escalated problem up to their engineering level.

I have the same problem. Wifi works fine when the screen is on, but during standby it drops the connection and when I wake up the screen it says ''Internet not avaliable''. Then, if I turn off and on the wifi or force the connection, it will connect without problems. I have a 2.4ghz connection and the wifi channel is relatively free. I have the ''smart network switch'' disabled and the Bluetooth scanning disabled. I don't know what to do, it is a bit frustrating, considering that a couple of my friends have the galaxy S7 too but they don't have problems. My old Galaxy s4 mini and Meizu MX5 had no problems too with the same wifi.

L8nytr

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
At least on my Verizon unit I have wifi and bluetooth scanning off, and smart switch disabled. Still seeing the same issue. I disabled IPv6 (on the network side) for fun and that didn't help.

Also at least on the VZW ROM Smart switch isn't enabled by default.

You ever get your working?

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
You ever get your working?
Hello, made the account , maybe will help some of you, had huge wifi problems and after i have tested everything for me the fix was to turn gps off, turning gps off gived a huge internet speed boost and amazing battery life. Wifi works like never before, hope will help. Cheers

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
My brand new wi-fi version Galaxy TAB S2 was also randomly logging on to Wi-Fi networks, then logging off, logging on to another, logging off again, etc. I had 6 wi-fi networks (a 2G and a 5G from each of the main router, an AP router and a Wi-Fi extender) here in the house with each network having a unique SSID name. I could watch the Wi-Fi Settings screen on the TAB and, every 10 seconds or so when the TAB would automatically check (as they all do) for the presence of wi-fi networks, the list would jumble about and the Tab Might drop one and sign on to another. Totally flaky communications.

Things totally stabilized after I assigned the same SSID name to all the networks. I realize that I still have 6 networks running, each on its own radio channel, and that the TAB will jump from one to another depending on where the Tab is moved around the house. So it still will automatically change networks. But having assigned the same SSID name to them all has stopped the connection hiccups. It's all rock solid now.

The problem was happening both before and before the Marshmallow upgrade.

BTW, this problem was not occurring on any of my 3 Windows 10 laptops. They stayed with solid connections even when the S2 (I actually have two of them) were bouncing around, network to network.

Last edited:

Drew Garrod

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
I would tend to agree with you and I understand your point but my wife has a S7 and I have a S7 edge and both devices are the only ones having trouble on our home network. On a "top line" Linksys EA9200 this should not be occuring. Our phones work fine on other WiFi's so that supports you thought but I also have 4 apple devices, a smart tv, ps4, wii, and WiFi cameras on this home network that do not see these troubles. It is just very frustrating to go from a time of such simple setups of home wifi's and no problems to now you pay $300 for crap routers and headaches.

BobboloFaraglia

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
I would tend to agree with you and I understand your point but my wife has a S7 and I have a S7 edge and both devices are the only ones having trouble on our home network. On a "top line" Linksys EA9200 this should not be occuring. Our phones work fine on other WiFi's so that supports you thought but I also have 4 apple devices, a smart tv, ps4, wii, and WiFi cameras on this home network that do not see these troubles. It is just very frustrating to go from a time of such simple setups of home wifi's and no problems to now you pay $300 for crap routers and headaches.

I had this problem on two different routers.

With one of these routers I solved by setting the wifi channel from "automatic" to "manual".

With the other router I solved disabling WowFi, that is a service offered from my italian internet provider. I don't know if other providers around the world offer this service and I don't know how it is called.

Btw I have to say that with all of my previous phones I had no issue with wifi, I think that S7 has some problem handling wifi, and this is not acceptable considering its price.

daweeze02

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Holy hell I have the same issue. I can't even download from the playstore with my rt-n66 and s7. The only fix I have found is to use my 5ghz network but the range obviously blows

Ereinion#AC

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Here, my phone turn Wi-Fi and Bluetooth off, and put sound to vibration by itself, first was when disconnecting from car Bluetooth but today out of nowhere, middle of lunch time pebble buzz from disconnection.... any hints, Google does not help me much.

Simovic1973

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Samsung S7 SM-G930F
Router Linksys E1200, firmware 2.0.07

Problem: WiFi connection drops, phone switches to 3g, usually in standby mode when the screen is turned off. There is a message next to WiFi name "Internet not available". I could manually connect to wireless, but often I don't notice and use expensive 3g instead.

I tried several suggestions, but all of them failed:
- Smart network switch on/off
- Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep (all three options)
- Location / Improve accuracy / Wi-Fi scanning / BT scanning on/off
- phone SW update
- router firmware update

At the end I went to my router Wi-Fi settings / Channel width and switched from "Auto (20MHz or 40MHz)" to "20MHz only" and issue is so far solved. Not a single connection drop in last two days. I even noticed considerable improvement in standby battery drain. It went from 2% per hour to 1.3% per hour.

legendaky

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Samsung S7 SM-G930F
Router Linksys E1200, firmware 2.0.07

Problem: WiFi connection drops, phone switches to 3g, usually in standby mode when the screen is turned off. There is a message next to WiFi name "Internet not available". I could manually connect to wireless, but often I don't notice and use expensive 3g instead.

I tried several suggestions, but all of them failed:
- Smart network switch on/off
- Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep (all three options)
- Location / Improve accuracy / Wi-Fi scanning / BT scanning on/off
- phone SW update
- router firmware update

At the end I went to my router Wi-Fi settings / Channel width and switched from "Auto (20MHz or 40MHz)" to "20MHz only" and issue is so far solved. Not a single connection drop in last two days. I even noticed considerable improvement in standby battery drain. It went from 2% per hour to 1.3% per hour.

None of the solutions here have worked, so I'd like to try yours, but I'm using Verizon? All it shows for channel width is "Auto Detect" then numbers from 1-11. Do you know what would be the equivalent?