How to stop Visual VM nags from verizon?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting messages to sign in to VM despite my never having had the service on any of my Verizon phones. Don't know why this new phone is getting so many annoying requests to sign up. Can I disable something in App Manager, or what else?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you can't disable it in the application manager, you can do it in package disabler from the play store

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I can't find anything in App Mgr that looks like it's Visual Voice mail.

Some verizon stuff I see there include the following (I've enabled "system apps" for viewing the apps list):

VZWAPN
Voice Mail (that's the normal VM, right?) It is a red icon.
Verizon Lognin
Verizon Location Agent

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
ah, perhaps the red icon for "Voice Mail" is actually used for Visual VM? I thought it was a shortcut to get to standard VM. I went ahead just now and hit "Decline" at the terms and conditions screen of VM and hopefully that stops the problem. I don't like the nags cluttering up my notifications...

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I think it was in "system" apps and I used debloater,similar to "Package Disabler" and I think that has finally worked. I was getting caller name id stuff that was just about as bad...

I can't find anything in App Mgr that looks like it's Visual Voice mail.

Some verizon stuff I see there include the following (I've enabled "system apps" for viewing the apps list):

VZWAPN
Voice Mail (that's the normal VM, right?) It is a red icon.
Verizon Lognin
Verizon Location Agent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non