Re: Galaxy S7 voice to text feature missing from keyboard ?

Amina Oakley

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site

If you're using the default Samsung keyboard I thought it was missing at first too. But there is a button on the bottom row, second from the left. If you long press that it brings up a mini list of options and one is the microphone for voice to text. Once you set this to microphone this then becomes the default option for that button.

THANK YOU!!!!
You are freaking AWESOME!!
***most helpful piece of information EVER retrieved from Internet...seriously****

Steff79

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site

YAY!!! Thanks for the help. I was trying to go to the App Store to get a different keypad because it was making me crazy. Once I enabled Google again, the mic reappeared.

Rbrandhoefer

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site

I have,a similar problem. The microphone was replaced by a smile face for several smiley faces. How do I get the microphone back?

VioletNoir

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site

Just tap and hold down the smiley button key next to the space bar and pick the microphone it will then appear you will not have to choose this every time only if you change it to any of the other functions

VioletNoir

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site

The smiley button has a little function wheel in the top right-hand corner just press and hold it to choose any of the other options one being the microphone

Christea

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site

I was going insane since I got this phone until I saw this post. Thank you for the info!
It was hidden in the emoji button and followed what 👆said. It toggles back and forth between microphone for text and emoji.

Rachel74

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site

Found it! Thank you for the easy explanation! I thought I was losing it!

raven98030

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

If you're using the default Samsung keyboard I thought it was missing at first too. But there is a button on the bottom row, second from the left. If you long press that it brings up a mini list of options and one is the microphone for voice to text. Once you set this to microphone this then becomes the default option for that button.

Just want to say thank you just helped me a lot

jackrock

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

It was hidden in the emoji button and followed what 👆said. It toggles back and forth between microphone for text and emoji.

My Samsung keyboard does not have an emoji button either. Can't find the mic from any of these descriptions and instructions in this thread. Used to have it. It went away a while back, never have figured it out.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

My Samsung keyboard does not have an emoji button either. Can't find the mic from any of these descriptions and instructions in this thread. Used to have it. It went away a while back, never have figured it out.
You don't have the key I circled in the image?Screenshot_20170325-074420.jpgIt could be displaying a gear, clipboard, etc. depending on what was last used, but it is the key to the left of the comma.

Kit Maha

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site

I tried the suggestions to no avail. I finally downloaded the Google Keyboard from the play store. I now have the microphone on all keyboards!

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

I tried the suggestions to no avail. I finally downloaded the Google Keyboard from the play store. I now have the microphone on all keyboards!
When you say you now have the mic on all keyboards, do you mean on the Samsung and Google keyboards? Or do you mean the Google Keyboard in all of your apps?

Either way, Google Keyboard is a great alternative and I am glad you got things sorted out☺

nmill023

Apr 7, 2017
Visit site

You don't have the key I circled in the image?View attachment 254936It could be displaying a gear, clipboard, etc. depending on what was last used, but it is the key to the left of the comma.

After the most recent update, I don't have ths microphone option and my autocorrect doesn't work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170407-180237.jpg
    Screenshot_20170407-180237.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 23

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

After the most recent update, I don't have ths microphone option and my autocorrect doesn't work.
You can try going into the application manager and "clear data" for the Samsung Keyboard, see if that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress