has the update mess up the timezone on phone all of a sudden

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i'm not real sure what is happening with my phone but all of a sudden it switches to eastern timezone and its not central time zone i tried to change it back to central and turn back on automaticall updates wouldn't work have to reboot my phone in order for it to correct the time and timezone

i'm hoping this isn't going to be an issue i don't know due to update few days ago or need another slim card or what i'm hoping when its 10 pm it will stay like that not sure what to do god i hope i don't have to get another reburshed phone meh

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
now i have learned something new apon reboot phone if i go into date and time change it to eastern then back to central turn off automaically update back to on it will stay on centeral then go to eastern<-seems odd

i rebooted phone again didn't go mess with changing it to eastern and back to centeral time its on central as of now its hasn't change

i'm not sure if this fixed issue or not but all is good i was wondering when i get email the time seem wrong today on phone meh

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
yes timezone at 8 changed to 9 aka eastern time something isn't right i still wonder due to software update why don't anybody try to answer my question i'm not real sure have to get same phone or not

the thing i don't know does it suppose to change 8 to 9 pm then go back to 9 when its 10 or what?

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
well i talk to a friend yesterday on facebook her timezone was screwing up she also reboot phone her mother timezone was messing up since weds night as mine i did call tech they saying that got a tower saying 2 timezones central and eastern phone stay on center then change to eastern he saying that it will never going to stay on central time saying to turn off automatically date and time manual turn eastern back to centeral go from there another friend told me on channel 5 news at 6 there was a special on verizon phones timezone mess up since tues

i still think there's a bug and i will be going to verizon today and asked them why phone cannot stay on central time half the day without going into eastern time see some way to fixed situation because if you guys recall when i had regular phone last week it did stay on centeral time at least i now know its affecting other phones not mine my friend had galaxy s5 phone btw nor not a slim card or due to update software recently meh

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There's a bug, but it's in the tower, not your carrier or your phone. They have to fix their tower.

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
verizon about noon today it change to 1 very frustrating i still can't figure out onto why when i manual change eastern to centeral turn off automatic update and turn back on centeral it changes back to eastern

had to reboot phone i really don't want to turn off automatc date and time just because a tower is showing 2 different time zones instead of 1

well it just change to 3:19 to 4:19 ugh

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
so my friends mother went to verizon store tonight and they confirm that there was a tower issue when it was 8 it didn't change to 9 aka eastern tonight i think they finally got it fixed just see what happens rest of the night and all day tomorrow

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
apprently it hasn't been corrected i thought it was a glitch when i download an app early sat morning in playstore around 1 am and time switch i reboot ok well as soon as i left the house time switch to eastern was getting into the car travel down to franklin tennessee<-time change back to central and remain centeral going on interstate to the towns like lebanon tenn mt juliet right into nashville to franklin and on way back home it also stay in central but alas as soon as i got to the house at 11:49 it changed straight to 12:49 never changed back

i just don't understand what's the matter my friend phone who lives in same city has a samsung galaxy s5 and mother has some motorla phone who went to verizon friday got their timezone fixed

me on the other hand experience changing timezones since weds night and yes i will be going to verizon 1 day this week to get this situated i just don't understand my little city is centeral time why when i got on interstate yesterday afternoon going to franklin tenn and coming back timezone stay centeral but home it goes straight to eastern there's has to be something in area where i live at making timezone not stay centeral need to be fixed

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
so took phone up to verizon just few mins ago he said due to software update that is causing timezone changes also s7 he and another guy don't know tower that has a dollar general store the road to turn on is a verzon or at and t tower claims an update suppose to be out this week that may fixed timezone issues in mean time instead of reboot put phone airplane mode off and on meh

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i don't think that i'm getting any update this week i chatted with samsung chat 1 person saying june 10th the so called floor manager saying by end of the month meh