Having problems with downloading directly to sd card.

Mixel911

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Hey all would love some help here. Rather new to samsung forums. Used to doing everything myself, but I need a bit of help here. I keep getting a memory full notification on my samsung galaxy s7. I know I have only 32 gigs. But I also have an 68gb storage card. I download music and shows via u torrent. Would love to know how to download directly to my sd card instead of my phone storage. And perhaps apps? Or anything else I could store there instead. I know it sounds easy but I've tried numerous times and have fails. Would love some help or insight. Thanks again in advanced. Another thing is that after I downloaded some files off utorrent then tried to copy over to my sd card. Then delete the file off my storage but it seems to completly wipe off both. File name still there but nothing inside. Thanks :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. The S7 should be able to use the sd card as adoptable storage, but I think you need to use an ADB command to make it act that way. Once you do, you can then use the card as part of your internal storage, but here is the caveat....the card can't leave the device. It becomes encrypted that only the device can read.

Mixel911

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
How would I go about to try to use an ADB command? And hypothetically speaking I do it and all works well. Would I be able to format it and take it out if I wanted to and the phone would work just fine?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
How would I go about to try to use an ADB command? And hypothetically speaking I do it and all works well. Would I be able to format it and take it out if I wanted to and the phone would work just fine?

It would format upon being recognized as internal storage. And removing would not really be an option. Whatever apps are on the card, and I think the OS dictates what goes where, could not be used.

Have you tried contacting to a PC to move larger files around? Apps won't be able to be moved.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch