Anyway to remove SIM lock?

Mesty

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Hello all, sorry if this is the wrong spot, but I was told to ask the community here for help. I have a S7, that I now think is permanently locked to AT&T. Is there anyway to remove that? I'm in the military overseas, and AT&T basically told me to **** off when I asked about it. I owed $650 on the phone and I paid it in full to unlock my phone, I got the code and it never worked and AT&T basically said I was SOL. So at this point I have just an expensive iPod. Is there any way I can get it unlocked? Thanks everyone.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, sorry if this is the wrong spot, but I was told to ask the community here for help. I have a S7, that I now think is permanently locked to AT&T. Is there anyway to remove that? I'm in the military overseas, and AT&T basically told me to **** off when I asked about it. I owed $650 on the phone and I paid it in full to unlock my phone, I got the code and it never worked and AT&T basically said I was SOL. So at this point I have just an expensive iPod. Is there any way I can get it unlocked? Thanks everyone.

If you have paid your bill off in full and are no longer locked under contract. AT&T is legally obligated to make sure your phone is unlocked.
So your choices are to call AT&T back and speak to someone above the scripted morons at their level 1 support.
Or you can simply google SIM UNLOCK SITES and pay to unlock it. Usually you pay, get a code within 24-48 hours via email enter a new sim card, it asks for the lock code, you enter it and BAM unlocked.
But I would suggest contacting AT&T first. As per the FCC

Q: Will my provider unlock my phone?
All service providers who signed onto the CTIA Consumer Code for Wireless Service have fully implemented the six standards on unlocking. Participants include all nationwide service providers, as well as a number of regional providers. Each participating provider has posted its unlocking policy on its company website and will respond to unlock requests.

If they refuse again, threaten to contact the FCC
Federal Communications Commission
445 12th Street SW, Washington, DC 20554
Phone: 1-888-225-5322

Mesty

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
If you have paid your bill off in full and are no longer locked under contract. AT&T is legally obligated to make sure your phone is unlocked.
So your choices are to call AT&T back and speak to someone above the scripted morons at their level 1 support.
Or you can simply google SIM UNLOCK SITES and pay to unlock it. Usually you pay, get a code within 24-48 hours via email enter a new sim card, it asks for the lock code, you enter it and BAM unlocked.
But I would suggest contacting AT&T first. As per the FCC

Q: Will my provider unlock my phone?
All service providers who signed onto the CTIA Consumer Code for Wireless Service have fully implemented the six standards on unlocking. Participants include all nationwide service providers, as well as a number of regional providers. Each participating provider has posted its unlocking policy on its company website and will respond to unlock requests.

If they refuse again, threaten to contact the FCC
Federal Communications Commission
445 12th Street SW, Washington, DC 20554
Phone: 1-888-225-5322

Sorry I forgot to mention, I got a unlock code from AT&T but it didn't work and they said since I put it in to many times it locked it to AT&T. Is there still anything I can do about that?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I forgot to mention, I got a unlock code from AT&T but it didn't work and they said since I put it in to many times it locked it to AT&T. Is there still anything I can do about that?

Oh that changes everything. There is nothing they can do, nor do I think there is anything that can be done, once you enter the unlock code too many times that's it, it's done.
Unless someone knows different.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Mod note, thread cleaned up. please do not offer services on here. Android Central only allows for sale of physical merchandise