Cannot add favourite contacts

willie5094

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Screenshot_20161113-214952.jpg

Thanks B.Diddy for getting back to me, the contacts in question are all with either Google, Samsung or on the device itself, as you can see from the screenshot there is no star beside contact name.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not entirely familiar with the Samsung Contacts app, but I'm guessing the "Connected Via" section means that the contact is a merged one, and is present on multiple accounts (i.e., Google, Samsung, probably the local Phone account, and one other which I can't figure out by just looking at the icon). Maybe it won't allow you to star a contact if it's merged? Try unmerging the contacts and see what happens.

Irishrachel

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site
I figured this out today. It's because you probably saved the details to the sun card originally and it's very basic and now the accounts are all linked ( like mine)
Unlink the Samsung one. Go back into contacts and you will find the person there twice. Now one of them will have the star beside them. When you have clicked on the star they will go into favourites. You can then link the Samsung account back with the other accounts. It won't go away from the favourites section.

Irishrachel

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site
I figured this out today. It's because you probably saved the details to the sun card originally and it's very basic and now the accounts are all linked ( like mine)
Unlink the Samsung one. Go back into contacts and you will find the person there twice. Now one of them will have the star beside them. When you have clicked on the star they will go into favourites. You can then link the Samsung account back with the other accounts. It won't go away from the favourites section.

Amanda Wyatt

Jun 29, 2018
Visit site
Thank you for this tip. I couldnt find the solution anywhere else and i had the same issue and you spelled it out perfectly. I read and and went and was able to add more favorites...and then link them back and you were right. They didn't go away from favorites. I love my s9 but that was driving me crazy. Thanks for taking the time to help us !!

The Climb

Feb 6, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,
I just bought Ulefone Armor 7, a rugged phone that I like it very much. But unfortunately I have the same situation where I cannot find the star on individual contacts so as to make that contact a favourite. My contact only associated with Google account. I have many other phones before and I have never experienced this situation.
I am currently using True Caller application to temporarily solved this issue but I really keen if anybody has any solution?

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Hi all,
I just bought Ulefone Armor 7, a rugged phone that I like it very much. But unfortunately I have the same situation where I cannot find the star on individual contacts so as to make that contact a favourite. My contact only associated with Google account. I have many other phones before and I have never experienced this situation.
I am currently using True Caller application to temporarily solved this issue but I really keen if anybody has any solution?
Making a new thread would be better for this. Since we're here, have you cleared the cache partition and rebooted?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87