Custom LED lighting questions

Dustbury

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Is the Galaxy S7 supposed to be able to display custom LED lighting from 3rd party apps properly? Or is there a limit on the number of possible colors? For example, I downloaded Light Manager and tried some custom colors and the LED light only displays a blend of colors instead of a solid color. Yellow is blend of orange and light green, orange is actually a blend of red and orange, even white is a blend of purples. The only colors my S7 displays as a solid, uniform color are Red, Cyan, Blue, and Green and every other color is a mix.

I'm just curious if this is standard across the S7 and it doesn't have the ability to work with custom colors, or if it is a problem that is specific to my device. Any info is appreciated, thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I think that's how all notification LEDs work (they only have RGB or a limited number to work with). Maybe the S7 has a different construction on the cover that 'reveals' the mixing lights instead of helping them blend? Also, LightFlow is known to have issues with Samsung phones for a while, but not with light colors IIRC, just other system bugs and oddities.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty