06-17-2017 01:40 PM
100 ... 234
tools
    I am Verizon, but this may work for you. To get the brightness slider on the first swipe...swipe down with 2 fingers to show all icons... on the bottom where you see the brightness slider> TAP THE LITTLE CHECK MARK to the right>...select> show brightness control above the notification panel... For getting the apps to show without the frames, go to settings> display> look for > icon frames> tap to open oprions> select> ICONS ONLY, not the with frames option. Hope this helps with these two issues.
    Best way to understand the Nougat update on the S-7 is ...Go on YouTube & watch some tutorial' s. There are tons of them...bookmark the ones you like so you can watch over if needed. I have all my settings the way I like them with Nougat. You will see several important things you need to change to save storage space & use less battery. I am 74 yrs old. If can do it anyone can. You tube can solve many issues... Watching tutorials will save you time & a lot of frustration!!
    Inders99 likes this.
    04-13-2017 07:20 PM
    Losing sleep over an update?
    Inders99 likes this.
    04-15-2017 10:32 AM
    Overall I like the update, however the big issue IMO is the Favorites mess in the phone, who the heck thought that was a good idea?

I do agree with having the choice to update or not. The MM update on my old LG G4 practically turned it into a pile of junk and I was infuriated. I turned off the auto update but the reminders drove me up a wall and I finally caved in...what a mistake. These updates shouldn't be forced upon us...after all Android is all about having a choice isn't it?
    04-16-2017 07:10 AM
    I have Galaxy S7 G930F and since the most recent software update/s Current Version: G930FXXS1DQC9 / G930FTEL1DQB5 / G930FXXU1DQB3, I have been unable to expand a contact to select either their home or cell (mobile) number.

Does anybody know of a fix or am I stuck with the contacts as they are?
    04-16-2017 08:08 PM
    I have Galaxy S7 G930F and since the most recent software update/s Current Version: G930FXXS1DQC9 / G930FTEL1DQB5 / G930FXXU1DQB3, I have been unable to expand a contact to select either their home or cell (mobile) number.

Does anybody know of a fix or am I stuck with the contacts as they are?
    Sometimes things vary by carrier, but I uploaded some screenshots that hopefully help.
    04-16-2017 09:56 PM
    I am with Telstra Aust.
    Your last screenshot for Cox Comms. is how I used to see my Contacts but now they just come up like the same listing in your Favorites screenshot.

I'd like to be able to go back to the way your last screenshot shows a contact.

Update.

Oooops! I just went back into my Contacts and they have changed yet again, I'm confused now.

If I tap a Contact once it will open up with just the one phone number with a > icon at the end when you tap that it gives you all the options. Plus there are call icon - msg icon & details icon underneath the number, tapping the Details Icon also gives you all the options.

Strange how it has just now changed and the updates have not changed.
    LineKill likes this.
    04-16-2017 10:06 PM
    I still prefer the old way of how Contacts used to expand, but something is better than nothing I suppose.
    firedept10 likes this.
    04-16-2017 10:17 PM
    I still prefer the old way of how Contacts used to expand, but something is better than nothing I suppose.
    I am glad you were at least able to do what you were wanting to do and got things sorted out👍
    firedept10 likes this.
    04-16-2017 10:24 PM
    the above comments are precisely why I abhor major updates. I've been griping about this issue for years but many don't seem to share my lack of enthusiasm for updates that change the look and actions of the UI for change-sakes-only reasons. This thread shows that I'm not alone in my disgust for updates that are forced on users of products that worked and looked they way they like, only to receive an update to destroy that enjoyment of the product. I'd be fine if UPDATES WERE OPTIONAL.
    They should be optional AND reversible. Of course they are if you're rooted but security is compromised.
    04-16-2017 10:53 PM
    Thanks for trying to help me anyway, it is appreciated.
    04-16-2017 11:07 PM
    Thanks for trying to help me anyway, it is appreciated.
    Your welcome.
    04-16-2017 11:09 PM
    Marshmallow = Excellent!
    Nougat = Flaming pile of moose crap. This "upgrade" broke everything from bluetooth connectivity to battery life. I'm on a Galaxy S6, and hoping a patch release is coming soon. My phone is practically unusable.
    04-23-2017 04:25 PM
    This new update really messed my galaxy 7 up. If I had the money, I would get rid of it. But I don't; please put it back
    04-26-2017 06:06 PM
    Am I the only one who updated and ended up having no problems? My S7 works flawlessly so...
    No, I've been using Nougat on my T-Mobile S7 for almost three months, and I honestly can't believe some of the stuff I read here. I don't see any of the problems people are describing. I know, I know...people always say that to deflect complaints about their favorite OS, but I really do mean it. Battery drain: 0.9-15% per hour depending on how I use it, no issues syncing Contacts, no crashing issues, nothing. I didn't even do a factory reset.
    04-26-2017 07:55 PM
    My s7 downloaded the update yesterday im not pleased with it either. I cant get access to my files like pics, music etc really annoying .
    05-20-2017 05:20 AM
    You can still add quick responses. I understand that yours have been deleted, but you can take the time and add them back in. Go.to messages, the click on the 3 dots, upper right corner. Select settings and the quick responses.
    I think that is the point. Why should the user have to recreate everything from scratch? Moral to the story is to upgrade when necessary or forced and not before. I'm a former Blackberry user and I can't get over the amount of time and effort it takes to make an Android OS truly functional. It's an OS designed by engineers IMO and not users.
    underway99 and Inders99 like this.
    05-20-2017 10:30 AM
    The nougat update has been a wreck.
    I'm on tmobile, but I had the leisure of manual update and I was still messed over. Even if I had not opted for manual update code, it took me 3 days to clear the 1.5 GB of space needed, not updating would have been as simple as not enough space.

While resolved, I had key apps including Google play store not loading after the update and thankfully, I persisted or I would have lost things with a hasty f reset. I miss the kind of real backup one gets with root, more than OS and Ron controls.

I put Brightness on top and an ugly widget on my home screen, but that's not a true fix to having a menu button instead of auto toggle in the pull down.
    The lack of turning on power saving at my designation already led me to a 5% warning without notice. I still need to take my time and possibly money now to go get an app for that.

At least I get to keep full disc encryption, I refuse to use their half baked file or fingerprint without having a pass lock before fingers are useful.

You want control, reliability. Go get something with 1-3 years proven track record, rooted and unlocked. Risk and innovation or reliability, control with less updates, including security updates.
    Seriously... WTF are you burbling on about? Stop talking bollocks!
    06-06-2017 04:36 PM
    No, I've been using Nougat on my T-Mobile S7 for almost three months, and I honestly can't believe some of the stuff I read here. I don't see any of the problems people are describing. I know, I know...people always say that to deflect complaints about their favorite OS, but I really do mean it. Battery drain: 0.9-15% per hour depending on how I use it, no issues syncing Contacts, no crashing issues, nothing. I didn't even do a factory reset.
    The point being its changed the interface with no option to revert back or edit it. It's ugly, too bright at night and for some of us with vision problems, hard to see. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    06-06-2017 04:41 PM
    The point being its changed the interface with no option to revert back or edit it. It's ugly, too bright at night and for some of us with vision problems, hard to see. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    To bright at night that's what the blue light filter is for, that came with Nugget, it been a great bug free upgrade for me glad I decided to install
    06-06-2017 04:52 PM
    Yep I have a Samsung Note 5 that got upgraded and I have to say it has been the worst upgrade ever ever ever!!! The fact that I am in this site for the first time ever speaks volumes. I have been an avid android user for years but now I suspect that I will for the first time be considering an apple phone the next time
    06-10-2017 03:08 AM
    We use Consumer Cellular and my S7 updated last night. Now I can't receive attachments or group texts. I have mobile data on. I had a hard time setting up initially for group texts but forgot where or how. I believe I need to set up a new APN but can't find settings that work for Consumer Cellular. (Their support is useless) However when I do try to add a APN it won't save. The only option I have is Consumer and those settings let me text but not group or attachments.

Anyone else have problems setting up mms texting?
    06-10-2017 02:22 PM
    I just don't know how people get paid to screw up other people by randomly taking great functionality away and call it an upgrade. I waited and waited and I should have researched more. i like the press and hold symbols functionality. I learned it even after they changed the symbols of the keys 1x. now they take it away totally. what morons.

I left apple. I can leave samsung and always go back if I want to be f'd with so Samsung...stop being stupid, please.
    06-16-2017 04:49 PM
    Keep in mind, though that as irritating as the updates may be, there are also software vulnerabilities they are patching.
    06-16-2017 06:07 PM
    If you do a factory reset (remember to back up your phone) that should solve your problems.
    06-16-2017 06:08 PM
    II'm a former Blackberry user and I can't get over the amount of time and effort it takes to make an Android OS truly functional. It's an OS designed by engineers IMO and not users.
    Amen!
    06-17-2017 01:40 PM
100 ... 234