Notification panel behavior when locked different on Nougat

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Finally updated to Nougat thanks to Samsung person at Best Buy (AT&T was taking forever). Anyhow, while the notification panel still operates the same when unlocked (one swipe for the smaller panel and two for the expanded version), swiping once when the screen is locked now brings down the full expanded notification. Is there a way to change this back to where one swipe only brings up the smaller panel? I have searched the phone and google to no avail. Thanks in advance

washuai

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm experiencing that. No idea how to change to smaller expansion. Most I generally do is glance. I do not use the feature really. I swipe for Samsung pay or unlock, I usually go deeper into notifications after unlock.

Settings, only see show, hide, do not show and pick your apps

Last edited:

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm experiencing that. No idea how to change to smaller expansion. Most I generally do is glance. I do not use the feature really. I swipe for Samsung pay or unlock, I usually go deeper into notifications after unlock.

Settings, only see show, hide, do not show and pick your apps

Glad to see at least somebody else is noticing this. Was starting to wonder. I typically use it to turn the ringer on and off. The annoying thing is that this means the toggle for this is in a different position if I go to change it when the phone is locked vs. when it is unlocked. I don't know why they made this change. Very odd

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
On the lockscreen, if you have no notifications then yes it will bring down the full expanded notification.

However, if you have a notification (email, etc), there are still two different notification panels. If you swipe from the top of your screen, it will bring down the expanded panel. But if you just swipe down on the notifications, it will bring up the smaller notification panel on the lockscreen.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
On the lockscreen, if you have no notifications then yes it will bring down the full expanded notification.

However, if you have a notification (email, etc), there are still two different notification panels. If you swipe from the top of your screen, it will bring down the expanded panel. But if you just swipe down on the notifications, it will bring up the smaller notification panel on the lockscreen.

I'd like it to behave like it did previously, only bringing down the smaller panel regardless. Stupid IMO that this was changed (and again, is different from when the phone is unlocked).

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Does anybody at least know whether this behavior is specific to Samsung's implementation of Nougat, or a change across all android devices? Still really finding this annoying.