10-30-2017 06:29 PM
32 12
tools
    I just cannot think of another reason as to why you can only wake up your S7 with Assistant, when the screen is off, while it's charging.
    I've researching this "issue" for a few days. So far, I only know of three Android phones that can be awaken with "ok google" Google Assistant: Pixel, Pixel XL, LG G5....
    03-13-2017 07:12 PM
    I've researching this "issue" for a few days. So far, I only know of three Android phones that can be awaken with "ok google" Google Assistant: Pixel, Pixel XL, LG G5....
    I've also spent a lot of time trying to figure this out and have finally gave up.. It really sucks because this is one of my favorite features and it worked on my V20.
    04-04-2017 11:43 PM
    I have a Galaxy Note 4 (T-mobile) running the latest firmware and it's on Android 6.0.1.

When I say "Ok Google" to my phone locked screen, it'd wake up, but then I'd get stuck on the Lock Screen. I'd have to manually unlock it (I use the Swipe Pattern Lock). That beats the purpose of operating Google Assistant in a hands-free manner, especially when I'm driving.

The "Trusted Voice" option is missing from my Google Assistant/Now settings. "Ok Google from any screen" is available and is turned on. I remember back then I used to have the "Trusted Voice" option, but maybe in the last few versions, it's been removed? I'm not sure.
    07-20-2017 02:25 PM
    Old thread I know, but the assistant still sucks and sleeps way to much. Lol.
    I've been running the iOS 11betas on my iPhone 7 and rocking a new and improved Siri. Siri nails perfectly what I've been trying to get the assistant to do ever since it came out, mainly wake up when I need it to!
    Spending more and more time with my iPhone 7 and sad because I much prefer Android, but I need stuff Android isn't giving me so that's it and I won't buy another Android device till I've thoroughly checked it out. iOS 11 is a smooth upgrade tho, I like it.
    09-09-2017 06:50 PM
    Old thread I know, but the assistant still sucks and sleeps way to much. Lol.
    I've been running the iOS 11betas on my iPhone 7 and rocking a new and improved Siri. Siri nails perfectly what I've been trying to get the assistant to do ever since it came out, mainly wake up when I need it to!
    Spending more and more time with my iPhone 7 and sad because I much prefer Android, but I need stuff Android isn't giving me so that's it and I won't buy another Android device till I've thoroughly checked it out. iOS 11 is a smooth upgrade tho, I like it.

So wait you came here t just to pump apple? Gtfo... Your post was not constructive, helpful or relevant to the issue at hand other than being an apple fanboy
    10-05-2017 03:11 AM
    fanboy? and apple no less. that's funny. im a fanboy of nothing as I enjoy all tech. my complaint is my assistant won't wake up unless my phone is already awake and Siri nails it. why is that? Got any ideas? Then GTFO. Lol!
    10-05-2017 12:19 PM
    I struggled with this as well for quite a while and just now realized how to get the job done lol. Just ask Bixby to launch Google assistant. Bixby will open your phone and have it ready for you to tell your assistant whatever you'd like to do hope this helps
    10-30-2017 06:29 PM
32 12