Exchange email with Nougat

TimSuds

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I use Nine for my exchange email. Since updating to Nougat, push mail no longer works when the phone goes into sleep mode. I've been through all the settings and am confident that the problem is not a setting.

Anyone have suggestions for other exchange email apps that do work properly or a suggested fix for Nine?

Thanks

GraCal

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I use Nine for my exchange email. Since updating to Nougat, push mail no longer works when the phone goes into sleep mode. I've been through all the settings and am confident that the problem is not a setting.

Anyone have suggestions for other exchange email apps that do work properly or a suggested fix for Nine?

Thanks

I use Nine as well (love it) and the same thing happened to me. I sent an email to their customer service and had it fixed very quickly.

I think it is Settings>Battery>Unmonitored Apps (bottom of page)>Add (3 dots upper right)

StephaneM60

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
I think it is Settings>Battery>Unmonitored Apps (bottom of page)>Add (3 dots upper right)
This will not be enough to fix (I had it setup this way and it was not working : with this the phone will not try to limit battery use for Nine only).

The problem is while the screen is off, Nine will stop receiving push e-mail (imho the system prevents Nine to use Wifi / Cellular network). To stop this from happening, go to :

1) Settings
2) Device Maintenance (I'm translating from French so I'm not sure of the English words)
3) Touch "Battery"
4) Touch "Battery usage" (it's next to the battery use % big circle)
5) Touch the 3 dots menu and select "Optimise battery usage"
6) In the drop down list at the top select "All applications"
7) Find nine in the app and uncheck the check box (or unswitch the selector, it must be off)

And then Nine will behave as before the nougat update.

Note : This is a problem with Nine (other mail client doesntt behave that way, so I guess Nine doesn't request the needed power profile to work correctly without this tweak on our S7 / S7 Edge)

zeek_11

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
This will not be enough to fix (I had it setup this way and it was not working : with this the phone will not try to limit battery use for Nine only).

The problem is while the screen is off, Nine will stop receiving push e-mail (imho the system prevents Nine to use Wifi / Cellular network). To stop this from happening, go to :

1) Settings
2) Device Maintenance (I'm translating from French so I'm not sure of the English words)
3) Touch "Battery"
4) Touch "Battery usage" (it's next to the battery use % big circle)
5) Touch the 3 dots menu and select "Optimise battery usage"
6) In the drop down list at the top select "All applications"
7) Find nine in the app and uncheck the check box (or unswitch the selector, it must be off)

And then Nine will behave as before the nougat update.

Note : This is a problem with Nine (other mail client doesntt behave that way, so I guess Nine doesn't request the needed power profile to work correctly without this tweak on our S7 / S7 Edge)

Thanks for this! I've updated my settings to reflect this. I'll let you all know how I make out. If this works, so happy! Still say Nine is the best email client alternative out there.

Risley88

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
This solved my problem with Nine not pushing email.

Thanks!

For us it does not work when we uncheck "Optimize Battery Usage" for the Nine Email App. Been having this push issue with Nine for years....WAY before Nougat. Nine has the worst sync push issues of any exchange active sync email app we have ever used. Currently using Note 8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa