my Samsung S7 just got the new Nougat update and now i don't have any text notifications appearing

kristen2425

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
my S7 just updated on Friday and now i don't have the ability of seeing text notifications on the "Always On Display" on my front screen. i've tried playing with Notifications, Display, Sounds & Vibration, but can't figure out how to get them to show up again.

Anyone have any suggestions?

it's frustrating that i have to actually open the screen to see if there's a message now.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
my S7 just updated on Friday and now i don't have the ability of seeing text notifications on the "Always On Display" on my front screen. i've tried playing with Notifications, Display, Sounds & Vibration, but can't figure out how to get them to show up again.

Anyone have any suggestions?

it's frustrating that i have to actually open the screen to see if there's a message now.

Hello and welcome to Android Central kristen2425 :)

You have posted in the Galaxy S5 forum and so I have asked one of our kind, helpful and friendly Mods on here to move you to the Galaxy S7 forum.

Good luck!

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
unfortunately that didn't work either. :(
I am sorry nothing has helped thus far Kristen:-(

I am sure a factory reset would help with this problem. Not sure you would want to do that though.

I do have one more suggestion. If you are using a theme, go back to the default theme and then see if that toggle is now selectable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38