Problems after new Android 7.0 update on Samsung Galaxy s7

nieku

Sep 29, 2017
Visit site
Hello, so recently I bought a refurbished samsung galaxy s7 (Verizon version) and I live in Europe, Republic of Moldova. So, the phone is unlocked and working global (that says) and I have some problems. When i got the phone it had android 6.0. Everything worked fine, the sim, ussd codes, 3G internet. I didn`t have any verizon crap or apps.
After that, i`ve upgraded to android 7.0 via Odin. I downloaded an official android for verizon s7. Now, with android 7.0, when i open my phone, i get the verizon greeting message (like welcome and verzion logo).
Then, everytime i restart the phone i get the message that my sim is not from verizon wireless. Now, i can`t call any USSD codes (for example *200# that is the code for checking my sim balance). It just shows that it calls the ussd code and then says that the number is incorrect. Also, i can`t connect to the internet. I tried to find the Acces Point Names, but they are nowhere (like this function was deleted).
Also, in my settings app, i have 2 unknown options. T roaming and Service provider Giga LTE, KT twophone service and whenether i enter them, my settings app just crashes and it wants to restart it.
Also... i have a lot of verizon apps..
I tried going to my SIM carrier and they said they dont know how to solve it.
Please help me! Thanks in advice! :3

oneeyecarpenter

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
This sounds like a complicated issue, and so, I recommend you visit the forums at XDA Developers, because of more people with ROM expertise. Do a search on their site first before posting questions. But, you might try reversing or reverting back to your back up, if, hopefully you made a complete back up.
Here is the forums link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/all

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
When you say you downloaded an official version, that means you didn't do it via the software update in the phone?

Sounds like that's the problem.