Samsung GS7 [Rooted] » Deleting files takes a long time

vertigoelectric

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Android v6.0.1

I keep a lot of music on my external SD card and recently set up an app that will sync that folder with my DropBox to make organizing it easy. I noticed whenever it performs a sync and needs to remove files from the device it takes a very long time. After about 45 minutes it only deleted about 50 song files (not huge files, either).

I thought it might be because it was on the external SD card so I considered moving my music to internal storage. In order to free up some space I opened up my file explorer (X-plore) and began to delete some things I didn't need. This was also incredibly slow. I didn't time it exactly but I'd say it took at least 15 or more seconds to delete each file, and in this case I had over 800 files to delete (mostly just pictures).

On the other hand, I have another app called Drives which I use to determine what uses up the most space. This app also lets me delete, and it appears to delete large numbers of files instantly. I went back to the file explorer to confirm the files were gone.

So I'm just a bit confused. I've also got a lot going on right now and it's hard to focus on this problem. I would greatly appreciate it if anybody might be able to help me figure out why the file manager and sync app would take so long to delete files.