What is the best and strongest charging cord for my S8

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I want a charging cord for my S8 but I want to know what is the strongest and fastest

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Considering that the maximum current is barely over 1 Amp, the thinnest USB cable is about 5 times as thick as you need, so any cord that feels well-made (smooth, no rough edges, rounded corners) would be fine. There are plenty of good ones that sell for around $1 or a few cents less (Amazon, eBay, etc.) There's no need to spend $10 on one - it won't give you a faster or a "better" charge. This one for 99 cents is good. So is this one if you want to spend $4.

If you're talking about the charger itself, the Samsung charger is probably your best bet. (It comes with a cable.)

The speed at which the phone will charge depends on the phone - it's designed to draw only a certain amount of current, so even a huge cable and a 30 Amp charger won't charge it any faster. (Just remember, lithium batteries are not deep-discharge batteries, so when the battery charge gets down to 40%, connect a power pack, charge the phone or turn it off. Constant deep draining can ruin a battery in a month or two.)