The real S8 - as tweeted by @evleaks

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Like I figured no S-pen. Would of been stupid move.

All in all the phone looks good. Cases that fit well might be a problem and you can forget about any screen protectors (unless the wet ones)

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Well when they announced there will be a Note 8 I feel there will be no s-pen with S8... but I can hope they surprise us and offer the pen a simple accessory... $100 accessory that unlocks pen software seen on Note 7.

Because the article does seem to back up the article I posted about the S8 prices being increased... that would make the Note 8 around the $950 I a man guessing.

Like I figured no S-pen. Would of been stupid move.

All in all the phone looks good. Cases that fit well might be a problem and you can forget about any screen protectors (unless the wet ones)

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
The fingerprint sensor location looks stupid to me. Holding my S6 to get an idea... one handed op your index is near full stretch and it looks better positioned for right handed users then left handed users like me. Just like the capacitive buttons to me seem designed for right hand users with the back button on wrong side. :/

The edge looks more like S7E than N7? That's bad news for me :(

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
The fingerprint sensor location looks stupid to me. Holding my S6 to get an idea... one handed op your index is near full stretch and it looks better positioned for right handed users then left handed users like me. Just like the capacitive buttons to me seem designed for right hand users with the back button on wrong side. :/

Holding my s7e with my left hand. My index finger is right on that spot.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
For me holding left hand, I have right side resting on my last three fingers holding right side of phone and thumb on left side across from middle finger and bottom left corner resting on palm...

MY index finger wants to rest naturally closer to the middle finger on right side... not on the left side where on my S6 the flash is at exactly where the sensor would be on the S8.

To ME, it doesn't feel as natural where the S8 supposedly will put.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
83% screen to body ratio? That's crap. I thought the S7E was already at 80% or more. How do you increase screen size by. 5" and still be at only 83%. I would think it would be closer to 90%. For the spec war alone, I thought this would have at least 6gb of RAM as well. I suppose nothing is final yet, so I'm holding out hope that these are still just prototypes.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
From what I read and hoping is that they are going to keep the current sizes from last year S7 at 5'1 and stretch that into a 5"7 or 5"8 screen and the S7 Edge 5"5 into a 6'2 screen and keeping the phones basically the same size as they are now but make more screen available. I hope that's true. A true 6'2 inch phone would be massive. If so I'm passing and picking up the S7Edge and trade in my J7.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

Oh, no on-screen fingerprint sensor? This is another disappointment

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the link @mountainman. I'm personally very excited for this device. The cameras are solid, the base storage is 64GB and we have less bezels. The over 80% SBR (Screen to body Ratio) is awesome! :D

If we do get that fingerprint sensor imbedded in the screen i think this will be the top selling device for the first half 2017.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link @mountainman. I'm personally very excited for this device. The cameras are solid, the base storage is 64GB and we have less bezels. The over 80% SBR (Screen to body Ratio) is awesome! :D

If we do get that fingerprint sensor imbedded in the screen i think this will be the top selling device for the first half 2017.
The Galaxy Note7 had a screen to body ratio of 80.94%. The S7E is roughly 76% The S8 is not supposed to have a home button. How can it not be more than 80%? Something is not adding up here.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Kinda like the FP scanner on the back. But please not next to the camera...... below is good and make it round!

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
In looking at another story on this, I noticed that in the picture on the right it looks to be a micro USB type B connector, not type C. I thought this feature was pretty much confirmed. Well, as much as could be at this stage, anyways.

Tony C1

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I will admit the FP sensor is in a funky place. I have the LG V10 and if a FP sensor is going to be on the back, I'd want it like LG did it.

Was really hoping for a cool surprise such as the home button & FP sensor were built into the lower part of the screen. This way, placing your finger on any part of the bottom of the screen (1 inch area?) would result in reading your thumb print / unlocking your phone. Maybe the tech just isn't there yet to incorporate this type of tech into glass.

Overall though, still intrigued by this phone considering I had to send back both Note 7's I had and I'm back to using my biggest mistake... LG V10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress