Are you going to pre-order an S8?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Nope... Gonna wait at least a month to read the reviews from people that have been able to test it thoroughly on performance.

But my main concern is battery. Not the Note 7 explosion type of concern. I'm concerned if they go a step backwards, a la S5 to S6, with terrible battery life.

You have the "smaller" sized S8 that's as big as the S7 Edge with a bigger screen than the S7E with basically the same size battery used in the smaller S7 (3000 mah) when it took 3600 mah to power the S7E.

Then you have the S8 Plus, which is of course bigger then last years S7E and near iPhone 7 Plus size with a bigger screen than last years S7E... but your rocking a smaller battery (3500 mah) than last years S7E (3600 mah).

Maybe they are depending on 1080p mode like the Note 7 to save battery as well as the new more efficient 835... but the battery numbers compared to last years with the significant screen size increase on both phones... I have to read it to believe it. Then I'll weigh my options between S8, G6, S7E at top of my list.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Nope... Gonna wait at least a month to read the reviews from people that have been able to test it thoroughly on performance.

Funny - I do the exact same thing. I used to be one of those guys that'd go out and get the phone immediately. Wait in line, do whatever... first to have it kind of thing.

Now (maybe I'm getting older) :) I tend to wait, see how things shake out, and make my decision from there.

Granted, I still WANT to get out and go go go get the phone asap, I simply don't do it like I used to!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Funny - I do the exact same thing. I used to be one of those guys that'd go out and get the phone immediately. Wait in line, do whatever... first to have it kind of thing.

Now (maybe I'm getting older) :) I tend to wait, see how things shake out, and make my decision from there.

Granted, I still WANT to get out and go go go get the phone asap, I simply don't do it like I used to!

You guys heard it hear first. James has gotten old. :p

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure about preordering. I preordered the Note7 and that turned out to be a spectacular failure. I'm skeptical this time around.

Yeah I agree. My order got messed up 4 times and customer service for tmo had no clue. I ended up getting the N7 1 day before public release.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

Guess nothing funny after the Note 7 saga. Many people are going to wait out this time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress