It looks too tall and too thin

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregg6942

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I've had Note 2, Note 3, Note 4, Note 5, Note 7, S7 Edge and now an S8+. By far the best feeling, to me, is the S8+.

Sounds exactly like me,except I had a LG V20 instead of the S7 edge. This is the best phone for me right now, until the Note8 comes out, I'm still missing my Spen.

alexcapone

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I remember working in retail electronics in 2000 and people were complaining about those wide screen TVs. "Why are they not square like the older models??" LOL

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't get why Op think the phone is too thin though.... iphones are wayyyyy thiner and i didn't see anyone complaining about it ? I do agree the g6 is the more classy looking phone but imho samsung did a great job on the s8 even if i too hate the new aspect ratio (would've love a 6.2 inch with 16:9 ratio) but hey tech can't get better if company don't take risk so sticking with my s8+ with no doubt.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
This isn't rocket science. If you don't like the design, then look elsewhere. Again every phone will have something that somebody won't like. That's why they don't buy it. That's the best thing about variety. There are plenty of other androids to pick from that better suit your likes. As opposed to Apple, where your stuck with whatever design is out.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
No doubt some people just prefer their screens to be 16x9. The S8's screen format IS just as much an experiment then anything else... ALOT of content for a phone user is ingested in a vertical format and samsung thought that maybe seeing more of it length wise would be more enjoyable. The only impact this has on is videos.. something that is secondary to everything else the phone is used for.

I'm ok with it.. I think it gives me more screen estate while offering a smaller phone size.. but I'm a big youtube watcher and not so much a social network user so I think my next phone will be more video friendly.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I completely agree with the too tall and skinny sentiment.

Sorry to get all ranty on y'all, but WHY does Samsung keep trying to fix what wasn't broken?

I have an old Note 2 and I simply will not upgrade to an N8 because of this. I've seen review after review and I don't care how it fits in my hand, my Note 2 fits perfectly. The apps on the N8 look stupid. Videos look stupid. Pictures look stupid. And putting it into your front pocket puts too much stress on the phone because of its length.

Frankly, everything about the aspect ration of the Note 2 is perfect IMO for a phone/phablet.

I'm looking elsewhere now. If I have to, I'll root another manufacturer's phone to an Android standard distribution if I don't like the skin tweaks that HTC, et. al. do (a major selling feature of Samsungs IMO), but I simply will not deal with a phone that looks like the new Samsungs.

The Note 2 fits so well in my front pocket as well.
I have the note 5 and s8+. Love the aspect ratio of the Note 5. Also like the 8+ esp when I have it in the Defender case. That ads some decent width to it

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
This isn't rocket science. If you don't like the design, then look elsewhere. Again every phone will have something that somebody won't like. That's why they don't buy it. That's the best thing about variety. There are plenty of other androids to pick from that better suit your likes. As opposed to Apple, where your stuck with whatever design is out.
The trouble is it appears 18/9 is becoming the new standard for flagship phones. Since I watch a lot of tv and sports(all in 16/9) I hate the new aspect ratio. I do worry that when my V20 needs to be replaced there will be no flagship with the ratio of my tv.

I have also found I don't like it for Excel.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
As above. This phone looks stupid AF.

LG have managed to make the G6 in normal proportions despite the 18:9...

Agree?

Any idea how many women I passed that weren't "for me" before I met my girlfriend? Did I have anything negative to say about the others? No, I moved along silently without spreading my negativity.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
This thread needs to be closed imho......This here only attracts more negativity than anything else..... Specially since op made no point and simply posted hate for no apparent reason.

I don't need to hear about opinions i can respect opinions when they're written in a civil manner and have a bit of logic/sense in it. This here has nothing but negativity with no reasoning behind it.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I have had blackberry Z30 then Note 4 the note7 lg v20 and now s8 plus. For me the note7 was perfect. But I do love my S8 plus. I don't find it awkward at all.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
This thread needs to be closed imho......This here only attracts more negativity than anything else..... Specially since op made no point and simply posted hate for no apparent reason.

I don't need to hear about opinions i can respect opinions when they're written in a civil manner and have a bit of logic/sense in it. This here has nothing but negativity with no reasoning behind it.
How are Samsung and other manufacturers to know a lot of people don't like 18/9 if we're never supposed to be "negative"? Being "negative" is what got our sd card slot back! I could argue there is no sense in saying anything positive about the phone since Samsung already assumes their phone is great. Constructively critical posts are arguably the most interesting and important posts in any forum!

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
How are Samsung and other manufacturers to know a lot of people don't like 18/9 if we're never supposed to be "negative"? Being "negative" is what got our sd card slot back! I could argue there is no sense in saying anything positive about the phone since Samsung already assumes their phone is great. Constructively critical posts are arguably the most interesting and important posts in any forum!

When it's constructive yes i agree but this post makes no sense everyone knew about the 18.5:9 if you didn't like that ratio why did you buy the phone ? makes no sense this thread here was not constructive at all. This is plain hate for no obvious reasons,no logic, op made no point at all.

Complaining on forums won't help samsung get feedback either if you want to critizise the phone do it directly to them that's the best way to get your opinion read by samsung. If you would've read my comment you quoted you would've noted also i was talking about this thread not others. OP made no point and nothing logical came out of this entire thread other than hate and random stuff.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
When it's constructive yes i agree but this post makes no sense everyone knew about the 18.5:9 if you didn't like that ratio why did you buy the phone ? makes no sense this thread here was not constructive at all. This is plain hate for no obvious reasons,no logic, op made no point at all.

Complaining on forums won't help samsung get feedback either if you want to critizise the phone do it directly to them that's the best way to get your opinion read by samsung. If you would've read my comment you quoted you would've noted also i was talking about this thread not others. OP made no point and nothing logical came out of this entire thread other than hate and random stuff.
So nobody should have complained about Note 5 lack of sd card support?

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
So nobody should have complained about Note 5 lack of sd card support?

Can you please read before posting ? Nowhere did i state about the note 5,neither did i said critisism was bad i said and i repeat for like the 3rd time now DONE RIGHT is acceptable OP HERE IN THIS THREAD had no point no explanation no sense title is useless and does not represent anything logical. Saying the phone is too thin and that it sucks won't help samsung make anything better. guess i need to writte this one in all caps so people read : IF YOU WANT TO FRIGGIN SAY SOMETHING BAD ABOUT A PHONE MAKE A POINT,EXPLAIN YOUR POINT saying it sucks and comparing it to the g6 that has pretty much the same aspect ratio serves no purpose. No please read carefully before saying things i didn't say.

Nb : it's been all over for the note 5 not having sd cards everyone complained about it for it's entire lifetime, but like i said saying it here won't help samsung as this here is not sustained by them and i highly doubt they come here to check what we writte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress