Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

jma78b

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8 Pre-Order Thread

so I pre-ordered my S8 the day pre orders opened, I planned on turning in my mint condition S7 Edge to Sprint and start a new lease, well what do you know, this morning I dropped the S7 today and cracked the screen!!! I've owned A LOT of phones over the years, never once cracked a screen until today, I am in shock right now. called a few places, $400 for screen replacement, I owe $495 on it, may as well just pay it off

These things know when they are about to be replaced. Sorry to hear about that.

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8+ Pre-order thread

I'm with Verizon and according to my receipt, I am receiving my S8 Plus on Apr 21, the day of release. On Apr 22, I'm going to Samsung Promotions and get the Infinitely immersive bundle. Which includes a Samsung VR set, Oculus content bonus, AKG Bluetooth headphones, and a Samsung 256GB microSD card.

Muahaha!

Lol that's good. Mine shows the same thing too..not really pressed for the gear and all those stuff..I will probably hang on to the s7 edge and see what happens

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site

I guess from what Samsung is saying on their website you will get the S8/S8+ early if you pre-order from them but it doesn't state how early? Also if they are shipping early I'm assuming wireless carriers will ship early or at least T-Mobile will because they pushed the LG G6 out like 2 weeks early.

"Get it first. Get your Galaxy S8 before it's available in store when you pre-order on Samsung.com or the Shop Samsung app."

Buy Samsung Galaxy S8 | Samsung US

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

I guess from what Samsung is saying on their website you will get the S8/S8+ early if you pre-order from them but it doesn't state how early? Also if they are shipping early I'm assuming wireless carriers will ship early or at least T-Mobile will because they pushed the LG G6 out like 2 weeks early.

"Get it first. Get your Galaxy S8 before it's available in store when you pre-order on Samsung.com or the Shop Samsung app."

What TMobile is able to do with LG phones has no relevance on what they can do with Samsung devices. The last major Samsung release was the Note 7 and Tmobile customers received phones 1 day before official launch.

Could this time be different? Sure. But it's going to be interesting to see the negative feedback Samsung gets from people that ordered directly from them if carriers ship early and Samsung.com doesn't since they state "Get it before everyone else".

TemporalBeef

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

I was afraid I'd hate it, but after checking a demo model out in-store, I ended up loving it. To each his own though!

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site

What TMobile is able to do with LG phones has no relevance on what they can do with Samsung devices. The last major Samsung release was the Note 7 and Tmobile customers received phones 1 day before official launch.

Could this time be different? Sure. But it's going to be interesting to see the negative feedback Samsung gets from people that ordered directly from them if carriers ship early and Samsung.com doesn't since they state "Get it before everyone else".

I remember because that's when I received my pre-ordered Galaxy Note 7 but I'm wondering if that's the exact reason why they will be sending them out early. To make the customers who were left with a bad taste in their mouth after that disaster happy to get their pre-order early.

I've been seeing a lot of reports that S8/S8+ will be shipped early and seeing it in writing on Samsung's official website makes that a lot more believable.

How much earlier is the real question...

I assume Samsung and the carriers will ship early at the exact same time or within a day or two of each other. Plus companies can always blame shipping issues, bad weather, etc so they always have an excuse ready to go if needed but I highly doubt it would make the news anyway.

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site

the fine print says you get it on the 20th

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

may i ask who might have an idea as to when they (TMobile/Verizon/ATT) will ship out their S8+?

TMobile shipped out their latest LG phone 2 weeks early (!) recently - that's a LOT earlier than the announced date!

Last two years, I got my Samsung via pre-order from TMobile and both times, I received mine 2-3 days prior to the actual release date, so it wasn't really much earlier, just that they shipped it out several days prior to the release date and UPS delivered it rather quickly so I got it a couple of days (roughly) before the actual general brick and mortar release date.

Would be curious to hear if anyone has heard anything yet. Thx.

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site

I was supposed to get mines the day before but my UPS didnt deliver it. It got rescheduled to the next day. Hopefully this wont happen again for my S8

hparsons

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

A TMobile rep made me really furious tonight to the point that I told her she didn't even know what she was talking about. She kept telling me there will be no Note 8 that when the Note 7 was recalled they killed the Note series. I told her they needed to be better informed she wasn't too happy with that response but I did have a Samsung rep tell me that they would probably be out early 4th quarter. I wanted to wait but I just don't think I can so I am going with the S8+.
The BB girl is a salesperson. What they can sell you is always better than what you may choose to wait for...

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Order as fast as you can

Would they honor it? They had the tmobile silver s8 $100 cheaper for a few hours before it was changed. I wonder if they would honor this since this is such a huge price difference. I don't think they would take the hit on this.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Would they honor it? They had the tmobile silver s8 $100 cheaper for a few hours before it was changed. I wonder if they would honor this since this is such a huge price difference. I don't think they would take the hit on this.
Highly doubtful but there's really no risk and Samsung has been fairly good at providing some kind of compensation if they don't honor it.

I've had 2 in the past. The first one was a $500 or $600 tv listed on their site for $99. They didn't honor it but sent out $50 Samsung.com e-gift cards.

The other was a $100 off $100 promo code that was either a mistake or was a one time use that the system kept allowing. I ordered a 2016 Gear VR for like $12 after shipping and tax and this was right after it launched. I flipped it for $65 I think.

to_be_announced

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8 Pre-Order Thread

Went with Orchid Gray.

So what's the deal with delivery date? When you preorder, do you usually get it a day or 2 early?

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site

Probably not. I've seen this happen before with other places and they said that since it was a type-o they weren't going to honor it. Should they honor it? I would say no, unless it was a purposeful bait and switch. Which seems to me, it isn't.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty