I have a Galaxy S8 in my hands — AMA!

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I would imagine that if you have reflective glasses it would be difficult for the iris scanner to work?
I had the Note 7 and set up the Iris scanner without glasses on but always used the feature with glasses! Worked perfectly. I have a reflective coating/anti glare on my glasses as well. It didn't work well in bright sunlight as I had transition glasses and they darken.

jus2sho

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Does the GS8 allow screen looping (If you go to the leftmost/rightmost page on your phone, you're allowed to loop back)? I hate that my GS6 doesn't have this.

Large Hadron

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Does the GS8 allow screen looping (If you go to the leftmost/rightmost page on your phone, you're allowed to loop back)? I hate that my GS6 doesn't have this.
Just use a different launcher. There's no need to stick with stock software that doesn't do what you want - it's not an iPhone ;)

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Samsung need to trim their software even more, and let loose of the DVFS, stop throttling and heavy animation, implant an Machine learning A.I like in the Mate 9, S8 will never be as fast as One3T or Mate 9, judging by S7 and S6.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

you sure there isn't a setting to allow that? I don't have a G6, but I have a V20 and it has an option in the settings menu:

Settings > Home Screen > "Allow Home screen looping"

anon(8328984)

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I got to play with one at Best buy yesterday and it was surprisingly smaller than I thought it was going to be. The sides felt like ceramic and not metal.. I'm guessing that's what it is

Large Hadron

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
I got to play with one at Best buy yesterday and it was surprisingly smaller than I thought it was going to be. The sides felt like ceramic and not metal.. I'm guessing that's what it is
I'm pretty certain that the frame is metal, but it looks coated in the pictures which might explain the feeling (I've not seen one in person yet).

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm kindve skeptical on buying it because I want to see what they are going to do with the note 8

That's a wise move/decision. Besides no one has had enough time to conduct a thorough review. I'm sure the Note will be a beast. I on the other hand don't always make wise decisions. I was quick to pull the trigger on this one.

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Been checking back daily for battery results.
In others in the past I have seen, it is helpful to know:
a little bit of a description about how you use the phone...usually when they are new you are doing all kinds of stuff. However after about a week or so most users settle back into their routine. So what is yours? Do you stream alot? Music, video? do you talk alot? A bsic description of how you use your device helps.

Also, have you adjusted settings such as brightness or anny other variables that help us decide. Also, when you turn it on, and how much juice you have at 5 PM or 11 PM...those types of data points are helpful. We are all waiting for you to let us know how this baby is running and if the new chip might be accounting for some significant energy efficency.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I would like to know thoughts on the Camera?? Since its supposedly the same as last year. Any Camera lag on opening it up? How would you rate the picture quality? I know its early but does it seem solid? I know my wife's S7's camera can lag on opening up to take shots, and no one can tell us why.
I often found I couldn't snap a photo because some part of my hand or security wire was touching the screen. This prevented snapping the photo. Very hard to hold phone without activating the screen. I didn't have that problem with Note 7

Mago27

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Does it keep the accesability feature from the S7 that creates an mouse pointe witn an virtual touchpad, while it its an accesabilty feature I found it very useful to navigate legacy websites not touch optimized.