I have a Galaxy S8 in my hands — AMA!

Supraman21

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Can you turn on Image Stabilization when recording 4K? For some reason when recording in 4K on the S7 you weren't able to use image stabilization.

The hardware image stabilization is crap when recording videos and its why I record at 1440p.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm assuming you can't say whether or not you can turn off Bixby since it's not complete? I'm guessing your access to the feature was limited?

afazel

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I played with one briefly yesterday at Best Buy. I was impressed, and the Orchid Gray looks great in person. Hopefully it stays as fast 6 months later as on day 1.

Which network are you using it on?

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming you can't say whether or not you can turn off Bixby since it's not complete? I'm guessing your access to the feature was limited?
I'm pretty sure Samsung isn't going to allow remapping that button. I don't think his access to anything on the phone is limited at all

efultz

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
what do you mean by "adoptable storage"? I know the phone can be used as a drive in the Windows Explorer when connected with USB and you can have SD card (same for S8?). And the S8 has 64gb of memory instead of the 32gb my s7 has.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
what do you mean by "adoptable storage"? I know the phone can be used as a drive in the Windows Explorer when connected with USB and you can have SD card (same for S8?). And the S8 has 64gb of memory instead of the 32gb my s7 has.
I can't remember if it was Nougat or Marshmallow, but you can use your SD card to extend your local storage. Your device just reads it all as local, not as an SD card.

Not sure if that's the best explanation, I've never used the feature.

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I assume the case has a cutout for fingerprint scanner? I have Samsung Pay and use the fingerprint scanner. Putting on the back seems pretty dumb to me.

If the Iris Scanner is as good as it was on the Note 7 then you probably won't miss the FPS much or at all. I set up the Iris Scanner on my Note 7 without glasses BUT use it most of the time with glasses on and the Iris Scanner worked perfectly every time. I thought it was a security flaw so I had some friends try it with and without their glasses and they never could unlock my phone.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the S8/S8+ Iris Scanner/software work as good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000