What color S8/S8+ should you buy?

What color S8/S8+ should you buy?

• Total voters

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this was already answered. I won't be buying a S8 at launch. I'll wait a month or so till it goes on sale (like my S5 and S7 did). Is the Coral Blue expected to be available in the US sometime after launch? And if so will it be a specific to one phone company? Coral Blue would be my first choice. The Orchid Gray is close to the color of my bedroom walls and I love it but that blue is gorgeous!

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
We almost need a separate poll for "I really wanted the Coral Blue, but since I can't have it, here's what I settled for".

I know right. I don't see why certain regions are limited to certain colors. Give us more choices Samsung.

Lfsnz67

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I prefer white phones for the lack of fingerprint smudges - no go this year, but I also hate when the phones back does not match the front or sides so with the S8 the black is the only choice for me...

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I prefer the metal frame does not match the front and back... shows off the curves of the metal frame and how the glass bends and blends smoothly into the frame. all black hides all the lines and just looks like one black slab.

The front being all black on all models was a good idea... leak pictures of colored fronts made the top chin look ugly with all the sensors showing.

The one good thing for you choosing a black phone... go to DBrand site and spec out an S8 in black and put a matte white back sticker on it... looks very nice IMO. Not bad with matte white chins if you don't mind front stickers. I'd use matte black for camera area.

I prefer white phones for the lack of fingerprint smudges - no go this year, but I also hate when the phones back does not match the front or sides so with the S8 the black is the only choice for me...

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
According to the poll, Midnight Black really took off. Early on the grey, blue and black were just about even. Samsung says the Midnight Black S8+ is the most pre-ordered so far...not that any of this matters. Choose the color that make you happy.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
The Orchid Grey reminds me of my old HTC One M7 and I loved that colour, so i'll get that one.

I agree, the color is gorgeous. I would have chosen that if it weren't for the black face. I wish Samsung would have made it the same color throughout. I understand why they did it though.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I had a silver S7 Edge before I went to the blue Note 7. I will never get a silver phone again. The reflection of sunlight and general glare was too much. I loved the Note 7 Coral Blue. After seeing the Orchid Gray in a Verizon store, that's the way to go. It's got that same Coral Blue trait of color shifting. Look at it one way and it's almost black, another and it's plain gray, another angle and it has a hint of purple. Looks really good.
Orchid all the way.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm surprised by how many folks want the Midnight Black. It looks nice but its a fingerprint MAGNET...lol I'm down with the Orchid Gray

I agree. Of all the color options fingerprints are more noticeable on the Midnight Black. However, most people will probably slap a skin or case on their phone. In this case, why the color option...makes me wonder sometimes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87