Are there any deal breakers for you?

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
G6 ticks all the boxes I need... For me it's awesome and in India I will get 64gb and hi-fi dac and free 1 time screen replacement and I love flat screen and dual camera... If. Samsung s8 had flat screen and dual camera I would have. Purchased s8 or s8+ but battery is again a problem on s8 duos
You get the good version of the G6. If the USA version was the same version as you get I would seriously consider getting the phone.

Large Hadron

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
I agree. When it comes to deal breakers, cost is always the top consideration in my book.
Not actually doing what I want is the main deal-breaker for me (e.g. too little storage, too large for me to use comfortably). If it doesn't fit my needs then it doesn't matter what the price is.

meattray

Trusted Member
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
I don't really see any huge concerns to be honest. Yes, I don't like the placement of the finger print sensor but you'd likely get used to it after some time.

Other then that it looks like a pretty fantastic phone to me. Love the screen, they've always had a top of the line camera, DeX looks cool even if it's just a neat trick.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Curved screen and terrible fingerprint sensor placement (even worse for a lefty) for me.
I would think for a lefty the fingerprint sensor is in a better place, right above where you index finger would be naturally. I'm right handed and have to stretch across the phone to the top to use the fingerprint sensor, I think it is not in a great spot period.

The LG G6 has it in a better position if it has to be on the back. I'll be using facial or going back to pattern if facial doesn't work good. But I do want to use the fingerprint sensor to open the drop down box, so hopefully I can get accustomed to that.

MIGSG

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
The resolution of the screen is too much, I know we can change the resolution in the settings, but still. Its like theyre exagerrating the screen's HDness.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone that was contemplating getting either the Galaxy S8/ S8 plus now NOT getting it for some deal breaker?

I am still rocking a Galaxy S5 and am waiting for the Note 8.

But.......

If I was considering the S8, the fingerprint reader would have been a deal breaker to be honest. Just so bad and wrong on a number of levels. Too high up on the phone compared to other phones with a rear reader, the sensor too small in area compared again to other phones. And of course, that notorious placement next to the camera. I wonder how many others are going to give this phone a miss just because of this.

I know the story of how this reader got placed there. Apparently Samsung were working furiously on an under the glass fingerprint reader but ran out of time. A late minute decision put the reader in that awful location.

Also, I think the battery capacities are very conservative relative to the screen. I understand why after the Note 7. But I would have taken a chance with that.

But for me, the fingerprint reader would have been a deal breaker. The iris scanner is no substitute. Press the power button, swipe up, hold the phone close to your eyes. Not convenient for every time time want to unlock. And the face scanner is more convenient than secure.

I soooooo hope the Note 8 improves on this. Otherwise I'll be hanging out for the S9.

Deal breakers anyone?

Not one particular deal breaker but a few annoyances such as what you mentioned about the fingerprint scanner placement, no improvement in the camera, and nothing really new about the phone except the slim form factor. I might have to use the phone without fingerprint security. I wonder if they can have a time out option to lock the phone every 12 hours to avoid using fingerprint scanner all the time.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The price, many of the rumors said close to $1000 and it turned out to not be true, because this rumor was untrue it is a deal breaker to me.

On a serious note, will wait until the reviews start rolling in, but battery life would possibly be the main thing that could drive me away from getting one if/when I switch carriers.

Neutrality

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I think the price. The regular S8 should've been 650. I have the S7 edge. It doesn't make sense to spend that much money to only get a bigger screen. The rest of the phone is practically the same. Not subjectively though. Of course not.

But yes, price. Can't wait for the one plus 4. The phone I'm most excited about this year. But till then I think I will keep my s7 edge because of the price.

Large Hadron

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Headphone audio quality remains an unknown, and could be a deal breaker. Though this is generally better on Exynos than Snapdragon models, which works in my favour.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I was fully intending on getting the S8+ on T-mobile JOD until they required a $130 down payment. Totally changed my plans. Still kind of up in the air because I don't really want the S8 over the S8+.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress