Anyone else having second thoughts?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, try going in with a fresh mind and see how it's like.

If it's not doing well for you, take full advantage of the return period and maybe wait for another device.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm really confused by some folks who are complaining about the phone that they don't have to buy. If it had features I didn't want, Samsung or not - I wouldn't buy it. That was precisely the reason I didn't buy a Note 5 despite having many Galaxy phones.

Thanks in another thread, there is complaining about the taller size when there is a smaller size available. Huh?

People who don't like it shouldn't get it. It's a lot of money to put down to get a phone you are already disappointed about.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm really confused by some folks who are complaining about the phone that they don't have to buy. If it had features I didn't want, Samsung or not - I wouldn't buy it. That was precisely the reason I didn't buy a Note 5 despite having many Galaxy phones.

Thanks in another thread, there is complaining about the taller size when there is a smaller size available. Huh?

People who don't like it shouldn't get it. It's a lot of money to put down to get a phone you are already disappointed about.

Could be they wanted to buy it but are disappointed or confused by some of the decisions and are either trying to understand stuff and get it anyways or just need to talk about their frustration or any number of things.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Could be they wanted to buy it but are disappointed or confused by some of the decisions and are either trying to understand stuff and get it anyways or just need to talk about their frustration or any number of things.
But, that is where it doesn't makes sense. There is another phone out there that doesn't have the screen or fingerprint reachability issues - the S8. It's not like there isn't another option.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
But, that is where it doesn't makes sense. There is another phone out there that doesn't have the screen or fingerprint reachability issues - the S8. It's not like there isn't another option.

All of those have compromises about them too though, there isn't a perfect phone, so for a lot of people choosing one can be more about choosing the one that has the least annoying compromises, whichever is going to be easier to live with. If it's a situation where they love everything about a phone except x and y, and if x and y are important, but no other device matches the everything else, I can see being frustrated with that.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Samsung does not do the same as Google - they say on that link that they share information with their business partners. So that's completely unacceptable and inappropriate.

https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/

"Cookies and similar technologies

We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a Google service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services we offer to our partners, such as advertising services or Google features that may appear on other sites. Our Google Analytics product helps businesses and site owners analyze the traffic to their websites and apps. When used in conjunction with our advertising services, such as those using the DoubleClick cookie, Google Analytics information is linked, by the Google Analytics customer or by Google, using Google technology, with information about visits to multiple sites."

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm kind of in agreement with the OP. It's a stunning phone, but I have a perfectly good phone that's not having any problems that's I'm already have on JoD. I added the S8+ on a regular installment plan. So for me it's more that I'm unsure I want to pay for 2 phones at one time. I"m gonna wait till I get it though before I make a final decision.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/

"Cookies and similar technologies

We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a Google service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services we offer to our partners, such as advertising services or Google features that may appear on other sites. Our Google Analytics product helps businesses and site owners analyze the traffic to their websites and apps. When used in conjunction with our advertising services, such as those using the DoubleClick cookie, Google Analytics information is linked, by the Google Analytics customer or by Google, using Google technology, with information about visits to multiple sites."

We are not talking about the same thing. Web traffic analytics and sharing user data with third parties is not equivalent.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
If anyone thinks any of these companies are not sharing your info, I have a bridge I want to sell you. Almost the entire reason these devices exist, is to do just that. And it's about to get worse.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If anyone thinks any of these companies are not sharing your info, I have a bridge I want to sell you. Almost the entire reason these devices exist, is to do just that. And it's about to get worse.

Google doesn't give themselves permission to share your data without your express consent. Apple does give themself permission but doesn't do it. Microsoft gives themselves permission and does it. Samsung gives themselves permission; I don't know if they do or do not actually sell/share personal data. All 4 of these are different states of behavior with differing levels of ease of acceptance. Google's is good, Apple's is tolerable unless it changes, Microsoft's is not tolerable and Samsung's is unknown, but falls either into the Apple or Microsoft category.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez