I just canceled my Pre-Order

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Let's face it.... Samsung can throw a screen on a pile of sh$t and it will sell like crazy.....

(( and in know way am i saying the s8 and s8+ is a pile of sh$t ))

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I loved the Note 7 and still miss it. I am waiting for the N8. If it isn't what I want (oh but the spen.. and hopfully a better place for the fingerprint scanner.) I can still I assume find an s8+ to get. But I don't want to get the 8+ and be sorry when the Note 8 finally comes out whenever that is. Anyway, more time to pay off the incredibly overpriced Pixel XL.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the note 8 is the phone everyone wants..Basically you are adding the smart pen to the S8 plus.....Nothing special about it and no true reason to wait........

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
2 Samsung reps both told me same story, the Note 8 will be out 1st or 2nd week of September. I wouldn't say that that story holds any water but 2 different reps 2 different calls 2 different days so I'm taking a chance. I have 2 great phones already, a LG V20 and a 7 Edge so I will try and hold out.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I had the note 7 and never really used the spen that much. Then all the sending back etc just got me to pre order the s8 Plus. I might get the Note 8 also but no reason not to get this while i wait as it is going to be around half a year or more before the note 8 comes out. If you have a phone you do not mind for the next half year or more then fine but ill be getting my s8+ and then see how the note 8 looks whenever that time comes.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the note 8 is the phone everyone wants..Basically you are adding the smart pen to the S8 plus.....Nothing special about it and no true reason to wait........

I would not bank on that this time. Samsung want redemption from last year and before Apple releases. They want a do over from last year and seems the device could be special. Still think it will have the 835 chipset which is fine, since good SOC.

6GB
128GB storage
Stereo speakers
4K scalable display for VR

It will be interesting if the rumors pan out.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I would not bank on that this time. Samsung want redemption from last year and before Apple releases. They want a do over from last year and seems the device could be special. Still think it will have the 835 chipset which is fine, since good SOC.

6GB
128GB storage
Stereo speakers

Still nothing I would swap for. And if those rumors are true, chances of being below $1,000 just went down, IMO.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Very possible but if that's the only difference, it isn't worth the wait. This fps location is being blown WAY out of proportion. In a month or two noone will be crying about it anymore.

I might be actually crying, though. On the V20, after less than a month, it had to go back because reaching the (insert many many curse words here) FPS on the back was physically hurting my finger. It was so painful and cramped up by the end of the day I just couldn't do it anymore. Maybe the fact that this seems to force you not to use it with just one hand might help but we'll see.

I know I'll try Iris scanner first, but if it's anything like the Note 7 was, it seldom worked for me when wearing my 'OMG-I-can-see-the-curvature-of-the-Earth-through-your-head' glasses and even contacts (yeah, I'm very very very close to being legally blind :( ).

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The aspect ratio is fine and what other phones are going to as well. Ppl just need to find a negative sometimes.
People complain that the navigation buttons take away real estate from the display. Now, the on screen buttons add height to the display and people are still complaining. I guess everyone just wants to keep the top and bottom bezels after all. Who knew?

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Exactly. No matter what company does there will always be a group who complain about things. It's the nature of life. Can't please everyone. You aim for the majority and the rest will just have to love with it or move on.

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Get what you like and be happy. Canceling my 8+ due to not liking the narrow display and curved corners. Went and tried at BB on four trips (one today) and totaled about 90 minutes with it. The more I use it, the less I like the display ratio and curves. Especially the curved corners.

Though everything else IMO is good, the display is the main factor for me. Note 4 will do until the Note 8. Hoping it at least gets rid of the curved corners and adds some portrait width.

Exactly. The phone seems unnaturally narrow, far too skinny, and those awful rounded corners . I also hate the curved screen and am peeved that Samsung basically forced it on us, by eliminating a flat screen option. So instead of blowing a $1000 on a phone I barely like, I got an axon 7 and eagerly looking for a second flagship from someone like Huawei or Honor.. Where I can get more of what I really want for much less..

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Exactly. The phone seems unnaturally narrow, far too skinny, and those awful rounded corners . I also hate the curved screen and am peeved that Samsung basically forced it on us, by eliminating a flat screen option. So instead of blowing a $1000 on a phone I barely like, I got an axon 7 and eagerly looking for a second flagship from someone like Huawei or Honor.. Where I can get more of what I really want for much less..
Check out the Huawei Mate 9 Pro

http://consumer.huawei.com/en/mobile-phones/mate9pro/mobile/index.html

Che Minati

May 11, 2014
Visit site
That's fine, I thought they both looked skinny af at first then my second time playing with it I was used to the ratio already..lol tho the 5.8 still looks too "skinny" for me .. that s8 plus is perfection sandwiched between two slabs of gg5

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

6GB
128GB storage
Stereo speakers

I would probably get the note 8 with above if Samsung does actually give note 7 users a nice discount like is rumored, small rumor. I don't expect a discount, but with the upgrades and and a discount, that would get my attention

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I am fine with FPS location and the letterbox bars. Some people will complain, just like always and they will be the most vocal, because they don't like something.

I won't use the FPS much, I will probably just use the retina scanner for those occasions when I don't have my watch on to unlock.

I won't even notice the black bars on the front of a black phone and will gladly trade that for more vertical real estate while surfing the web, and tapa talk.

anon(62000)

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I never preordered the S8+ to begin with. I recently picked up an S7 Edge at a deep discount, specifically to hold me over until the Note 8 arrives. The Note 7 was my first Note device, and as short-lived as it may have been it left quite an impression.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'd probably do the same, TBH.

The S Pen is what drew me to the Note, and I really enjoyed my short-lived time with my Note 7 before I returned it for obvious reasons.