Best Buy Pre-Orders

adam29617

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Nice. I'm like 60 miles north of NYC. Wondering how the New York area is stocked, at least for areas outside of the major cities. I'm not in a major city.

I live in a progressive area out SC not big city by any means, seems like we live geographically the same so I'm sure stock is good there as well.

metal4all6

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Still no movement with my S8+ (Verizon and getting it shipped); however, I didn't pre-order until the 15th. Still at the 'in progress' stage and no email yet. I'm losing faith I'll get it by Friday, but we shall see.

Coming from the Note 7, then going back to my old S5, I was on the fence too long whether to wait for the Note 8 or get the plus version.

Assuming it's late, the $100 off makes up for it a little bit, but I'll be very hesitant to pre-order from BB again.

Douglas Griffis

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I order for in-store pickup because I was going out of town Friday afternoon, and felt it was my safest bet.

Wonder if I overthought it and made the wrong call.

Then again - until I get that phone call I will see nothing change on the website. Card wont charge till pickup.

I happen to know the GM of my local store, our daughters dance together at a studio. Have him on Facebook - I hate to be "that guy" but maybe I will message him tomorrow if I see no emails or calls come thru....

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Ugh, so I checked under guest. Put in my order number, name, and phone number and it can't find my order

I tried similar just a few minutes ago, but via the phone system, and my order# came back as having been ordered 1/1/1980 for $0, with status "unavailable", so perhaps the order status system is overloaded.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
If not for the 100$ i would have ordered from sprint and not Best Buy. I would have ordered for home delivery but i know how they can be late so i opted for in store pickup. I guess i picked the wrong way lol. I called the store and they said they will most likely get them in Thursday night and to wait for my status to say ready for pickup. Now i doubt they get there the last minute but who knows but it is so stupid as Friday will be a Cluster F at the store. Happy for those who ordered from there carrier and got them today as most of them did but the 100$ savings was to hard to pass up.

JesterC

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I tried similar just a few minutes ago, but via the phone system, and my order# came back as having been ordered 1/1/1980 for $0, with status "unavailable", so perhaps the order status system is overloaded.

Sorry DWS44, I'll ease off refreshing BestBuy's Order page and take a break.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Oops, thanks...

I already filled out the form online for my "gift" and you need more than that...

Not just for that. The last thing you need is your phone IMEI circulating the internet and some jerk reporting it as stolen or even trying to dupe it and any other cynical things people can try with an IMEI. Always good to keep those things private ;)