Android or Samsung Pay?

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Samsung pay ALL DAY EVERY DAY! Still love using it at places the cashier swears it won't work and it does. BYE FELICIA

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Ugh now I'm back to silver because I didn't meet the requirements to stay platinum. It's going to take me forever to get back to gold. That's the only thing I dislike about Samsung pay. I don't shop enough or go to places where I can use it a lot.Lol
I said I don't care about points, but you really get caught up in it, my goal is 10k points for the $50 rewards card.
Well see if I maintain platinum, I hate actually using my debit card now really annoys me when I have to do that

Ziich47

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I did something wrong but I tried Samsung pay in a couple places and it did not seem to work. So I have stuck to Android pay. At least it works every where it says it does and more and more stores in my area have the little Android pay terminal

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Ugh now I'm back to silver because I didn't meet the requirements to stay platinum. It's going to take me forever to get back to gold. That's the only thing I dislike about Samsung pay. I don't shop enough or go to places where I can use it a lot.Lol
If you swipe a card it'll work there. Gas, drinks at a quick mart, fast food places, drink machines that take it, grocery stores, etc.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
If you swipe a card it'll work there. Gas, drinks at a quick mart, fast food places, drink machines that take it, grocery stores, etc.
Some of the places I go to have the card reader that's connected to the register. I won't hand my phone to the cashier. They'll either have a nasty attitude and not want to try it or they won't be able to figure it out . sometimes it's not worth the hassle.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Some of the places I go to have the card reader that's connected to the register. I won't hand my phone to the cashier. They'll either have a nasty attitude and not want to try it or they won't be able to figure it out . sometimes it's not worth the hassle.
If there is no payment terminal than just use your card.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
There was a fruit market place we went to over the weekend. They got weird and said not to use phone, something about someone used it once and the Payment never went through to the market. I let hubby pay with his card there. Just a couple places around here not worth the hassle. And my vet office for the dogs outright refuses to let people use it they said someone "messed upnthere machine once"

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I went back to Applebee's tonight and it worked I just had to keep trying it and moving it along the swipe area until it took.

I had problems the first few times I used it but after I watched the Spay tutorial in the app on how to hold the phone I get almost all of my purchases to go through.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I use it at Applebees regularly - one by us has the reader on the side of the monitor, as does Paninis. Both work great☺

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
how would people answer this in the UK? we've had android pay for a while but Samsung pay only just been released. given that all our cards are chip and pin is there any advantage to Samsung pay?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
how would people answer this in the UK? we've had android pay for a while but Samsung pay only just been released. given that all our cards are chip and pin is there any advantage to Samsung pay?
I'm not sure how it is set up in the UK but my main bank card has a chip and has a pen and I have no trouble whatsoever using it with Samsung pay as either credit or debit plus I can get cash back however I am in the US

GRUNT11B

May 20, 2017
Visit site

It's faster than chip and pin. And you don't have to have NFC on like Android pay.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
It's faster than chip and pin. And you don't have to have NFC on like Android pay.

How does it work without NFC? In the UK we never swipe so my understanding was that the MST thing wouldn't work which is why I'm not sure of the difference between android and Samsung pay