Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for $99" - How did it Go

Kalelfromkrypton

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
You could have pre-ordered through Samsung.com just like everybody else. Again, how can you make it anymore fair? Fair is a subjective term.

Yes, I could've preordered through Samsung.com, and if they would've advertised on the promotion itself that you could immediately choose which promotion bundle you wanted when preordering from them, then I would've preordered from them but they didn't. You used the black friday analogy. It's like going to a big store for their black friday sale that have a certain number of an item for a really great price but certain people can go ahead an pay for the item before the store actually opens. That's exactly what Samsung has done.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Just stay away from Best Buy. They will not give out phones early and i missed out and will next time get it from another place. This was a total screw up and i wish the media would pick it up so Samsung would have to at least make a statement about it.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
And exactly what is "more fair"? You can't make first come, first served any more fair. Pre-order sales had already topped 728,000 by the 13th, and over 1 million by the 17th. Since only 50,000 $99 gift boxes were available, that leaves over 950,000 who were NOT going to get one.

I don't know Samsung's selection process and it doesn't really matter all that much. It's like complaining about standing in line at 2:00 AM the Thursday prior to Black Friday at Walmart to get one of five $100 70" TVs, and there are 30 people in front of you. Twenty-five people are NOT going to get one.
Your analogy needs work. This is more like standing in line early and being told you're too late to purchase it, but you see people who came in after you walk out with the item. That's more like what happened. And that's definitely not fair.

Stickboy46#CB

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Just stay away from Best Buy. They will not give out phones early and i missed out and will next time get it from another place. This was a total screw up and i wish the media would pick it up so Samsung would have to at least make a statement about it.

Yes, stay away from the store that delivered on their promise to you of getting you a phone on the 21st.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, stay away from the store that delivered on their promise to you of getting you a phone on the 21st.
The guy does have a point. The promo was ADVERTISED to preorders at best buy same as everyone else. But because of how the promos were handled, everyone who ordered from best buy got shafted.

Wraith1983

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I had success on the 18th and ordered the $99 bundle but I have no way to track the gift as I get a weired order tracking screen that changes text but my registration and order process went through fine. I used the samsung shop app

Last edited:

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
The guy does have a point. The promo was ADVERTISED to preorders at best buy same as everyone else. But because of how the promos were handled, everyone who ordered from best buy got shafted.

Yeah but we have lots of BB workers on here and they do not like to hear just how bad they're

Kalelfromkrypton

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Nah, yet again, blame Samsung and the retailers willing to break legally binding contracts. Not the company that delivered on the date they said they would

Here is the thing. They should not have allowed anyone to register their promotion claim until today. That's the bottom line. They know cell providers are going to ship phones early and big box stores will not release the phone until street date. They need to use some common sense. This even goes for Samsung direct preorders. No one should be allowed to claim promotions until release day.

Stickboy46#CB

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Here is the thing. They should not have allowed anyone to register their promotion claim until today. That's the bottom line. They know cell providers are going to ship phones early and big box stores will not release the phone until street date. They need to use some common sense. This even goes for Samsung direct preorders. No one should be allowed to claim promotions until release day.

Agreed.. that's on Samsung.. not Best Buy. That's my point.

fx4me

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

I was lucky enough to get my BB order delivered yesterday, and immediately registered for the free VR. I must have just made it in by the sound of things...

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes we do. The problem is people like myself who registered early in the day on the 19th never got link to buy it. People who registered AFTER us did get link. Their system was screwed up. Those of us who got screwed are, well screwed. Despite registering in time we apparently can't get it Now. That's what a lot of us in this thread are so peeved about.
How about those of us that didn't even get our phone until after the bundle was sold out?

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Your analogy needs work. This is more like standing in line early and being told you're too late to purchase it, but you see people who came in after you walk out with the item. That's more like what happened. And that's definitely not fair.
Yours does too. Since you don't actually know your place in said line. I honestly don't know where in line I was either.

If you think you have a legit complaint, then lodge a formal complaint with the BBB.

JohnJohn_D

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Just checked gift status page and my $99 Immersive Bundle was approved and i was able to place order through the app. Received confirmation email for the order as well as pending charge on credit card.

However, still haven't received the actual email saying i was approved.

It looks like as long as your submission was entered and received before they sold out then you may still be eligible.