Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for $99" - How did it Go

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Samsung also screwed my order up as well. I originally picked the free gear vr with remote option and then I received an email stating I was approved to now purchase the 99 dollar bundle. I didn't want it, so after countless hours in the phone with support and what not and not getting anywhere, I today (4/27)went back to the email and clicked on buy now, and just went ahead and ordered the $99 dollar bundle just to get the experience over with and it allowed me to complete my purchase. So let's see how this goes.

I also received an email this morning from tier3 customer support and it states something along the lines of they are having issues with people purchasing the bundle and that they'd contact me once there was a solution. But I'm over it at this point and just purchased the bundle.

I got my email to purchase on 4-22 at 9:55am (registered for it on 4-19 a little after 12pm), paid for it thru paypal and then got a confirmation/receipt email from Samsung 15 minutes later with an order number and total price showing $108.90 (including tax). If you didn't get a confirmation email with an order number then I'm not sure you'll be able to get it but there may be a chance. As far as status, on samsung.com it says processing gift, in the app it says approved but the status shows review in progress.

People also wondering about why it's taking so long, keep in mind there are 50,000 packages that they are trying to get out and the terms of the promotion did say 6-8 weeks. It does seem like folks who did everything thru the app are having faster turn around times, I did my submission and purchase from a computer.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Yes. It is on the order status in samsung.com, and yes in an email they sent. The original question asked if it was in the promo section.

Ah. I didn't get an email with a promo code. I just got an email saying I was approved and that I could go ahead and order.

Also, the order isn't tied to my Samsung.com account. If I log into my account, it shows no orders, which is what I think some who have order#'s are concerned with. However, if I log out and track order without being logged in, it gives me an order status. THAT I think is what I think some people are frustrated about.

There is a lot of confusion with this whole thing. Part of it is Samsung's fault; part of it is third party seller's (i.e. Best Buy) fault, and part of it is consumer ignorance. How much does each of a part does each play is debatable.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

latinoboi30

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I got my email to purchase on 4-22 at 9:55am (registered for it on 4-19 a little after 12pm), paid for it thru paypal and then got a confirmation/receipt email from Samsung 15 minutes later with an order number and total price showing $108.90 (including tax). If you didn't get a confirmation email with an order number then I'm not sure you'll be able to get it but there may be a chance. As far as status, on samsung.com it says processing gift, in the app it says approved but the status shows review in progress.

People also wondering about why it's taking so long, keep in mind there are 50,000 packages that they are trying to get out and the terms of the promotion did say 6-8 weeks. It does seem like folks who did everything thru the app are having faster turn around times, I did my submission and purchase from a computer.

I did receive an email confirmation from Samsung with my order number and total. So hopefully I get it.

hparsons

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Samsung also screwed my order up as well. I originally picked the free gear vr with remote option and then I received an email stating I was approved to now purchase the 99 dollar bundle. I didn't want it, so after countless hours in the phone with support and what not and not getting anywhere, I today (4/27)went back to the email and clicked on buy now, and just went ahead and ordered the $99 dollar bundle just to get the experience over with and it allowed me to complete my purchase. So let's see how this goes.

I also received an email this morning from tier3 customer support and it states something along the lines of they are having issues with people purchasing the bundle and that they'd contact me once there was a solution. But I'm over it at this point and just purchased the bundle.
There's several folks in this thread that wanted the $99 extras. I'm sure you could hit one of them up and sell to them.

Kalelfromkrypton41581

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site

Hi. Regarding the 6-8 weeks. Yes that is in the terms and conditions of the promo but when you checkout then your terms change to to the terms of the sale. The terms of the sale is that it will be shipped within 1-3 business days. I spoke to an Ecommerce rep today and was told that I should have shipping notification by end of day tomorrow.. Monday the latest. We'll see what happens.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Regarding the 6-8 weeks. Yes that is in the terms and conditions of the promo but when you checkout then your terms change to to the terms of the sale. The terms of the sale is that it will be shipped within 1-3 business days. I spoke to an Ecommerce rep today and was told that I should have shipping notification by end of day tomorrow.. Monday the latest. We'll see what happens.

Or 5-8 weeks from now. :-\

Off to check my order.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Got my phone on 4/19, used the app to order the bundle on 4/20. Got the instant approval but had to wait for review and received that on 4/21. On 4/22 received the email with the buy now link and paid for it right away.

Last night I got my email with the tracking number, it is in transit and scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty