Galaxy S8 Bluetooth Not connecting properly

A

AC Question

Hey all just wondering if anyone else is having bluetooth issues with the s8. Just got mine yesterday and it connects to my car stereo just fine but for some reason it only picks it up as call audio only and does not let me play any media off of it. Anyone having similar issues and have a fix?

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
My use case isn't quite the same as yours. But I can report that I've had no issues connecting to either my Gear S3 Frontier LTE (i.e. Samsung brand device) smartwatch, or my Beats Solo 3 (Apple device) headphones.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Does your car have a AUX switch that connects via BT with your GS8? Does your vehicle have a list of approved devices? Did you try unbonding your old device?

My AT&T GS8 is bonded to my wrist heart rate monitor, Bose Soundsport wireless earbuds, and my vehicle allowing calls and broadcast movies and YouTube.

avigliaturo79

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Hey all just wondering if anyone else is having Bluetooth issues with the s8. Just got mine yesterday and it connects to my car stereo just fine but for some reason, it only picks it up as call audio only and does not let me play any media off of it. Anyone having similar issues and have a fix?

I have the same issue. I drive a 2013 Ford with Sync. my GS5 and GS7 both worked just fine. Now I can only make calls, no media.

Wife has a Bluetooth device in her car and the media sounds distorted, haven't tried headphones yet. very UPSET, as I drive 12 hours a day and use my phone for media

Jeremy Troutt

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I'm having issues as well. it hooks up fine to my audi a8 but it won't connect to my receiver in my basement. High end sony 2016 receiver. Talk to text works like s*** is well. Hated my note 5 and I'm about to take this thing back-and switch to the iPhone.

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue. I drive a 2013 Ford with Sync. my GS5 and GS7 both worked just fine. Now I can only make calls, no media.

Wife has a Bluetooth device in her car and the media sounds distorted, haven't tried headphones yet. very UPSET, as I drive 12 hours a day and use my phone for media

I have a 2012 Ford Focus with Sync and while the phone connected immediately, I have yet tried to play an media through it. Now I am curious and will have to try it.

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2012 Ford Focus with Sync and while the phone connected immediately, I have yet tried to play an media through it. Now I am curious and will have to try it.

Just popped outside to my car and tested it. I successfully played music using Samsung's Music player as well as TuneIn Radio Pro.

TT_Vert

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
The phone works w/ certain devices. It works on my BT speakers, other cars but also no 2011-2013 kia/hyundai's w/ navigation. BT phone works, it shows name of first song while playing pandora (But never changes after first song), it will
allow changing of tracks but no media audio option and audio always goes through phone speakers. Exact same thing the S7 and note7 did.

Dave

redkon1

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
This happened to me with with a Kenwood Bluetooth after-factory stereo I have installed in my vehicle. For some reason, in order to connect my music instead of "call audio only", i have to turn on my dual audio Bluetooth setting. I'm not sure if this is a qwirk with the phone or my stereo.

tshuttz

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I have the exact same issue. My s6 edge plus and all prior Samsung devices connected fine to my clarion nx602. But now only calls! Samsung has no answers for me!

Gogs23

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I'm having am issue with galaxy s8 Bluetooth is distorted whilst using it on calls. I have a Kia 2013. But my galaxy s7 worked fine on same car

Sam Shiraishi

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I am having the same issue all my galaxy phones worked fine until the S8. In my 2006 BMW 750LI the phone connects then drops off. I had no problems connecting with my galaxy S4,5,6, and 7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez