S8 not designed to have a screen protector

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I use skinomi liquid glass screen protector. I've actually been using this type of skinomi for just about every one of my devices I've had or I get. It also does not collect fingerprints hardly at all. It gives you full protection and coverage. The cut outs are perfect too. This time around mine came in a two pack which typically skinomi normally comes one to a pack. I have zero complaints. I did a wet install and have no lines or bubbles. You can't even tell I have anything on my screen. It also has good tact. I think they go for either 7.95 or 9.95 on Amazon. I used skinomi liquid glass on several other devices and it's been an excellent product. I highly recommend it as it is a fairly easy install and like I said once it's on you can't see it. No way I'm not protecting this screen. I've stayed clear of all the Tempered Glass protectors as I've not read anything good about any of them. I think armor makes one similar to skinomi but I've never used it or I take that back I have an armor liquid glass on my Zenwatch 2 smartwatch which feels identical to the skinomi. Either of those two you can't go wrong with. Both will give you exactly what you need and are both top notch products.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I am going on three months with my plus wearing a OtterBox symmetry case and no screen protector. It stays on my hip in a turtle back case and the screen is like day one no scratches.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I am going on three months with my plus wearing a OtterBox symmetry case and no screen protector. It stays on my hip in a turtle back case and the screen is like day one no scratches.
Wow no scratches. That's awesome. I was afraid I'd get some so I had a screen protector waiting on my S8 before it arrived. Which is the skinomi which by the way you can easily use a case with it on too.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I use skinomi liquid glass screen protector. I've actually been using this type of skinomi for just about every one of my devices I've had or I get. It also does not collect fingerprints hardly at all. It gives you full protection and coverage. The cut outs are perfect too. This time around mine came in a two pack which typically skinomi normally comes one to a pack. I have zero complaints. I did a wet install and have no lines or bubbles. You can't even tell I have anything on my screen. It also has good tact. I think they go for either 7.95 or 9.95 on Amazon. I used skinomi liquid glass on several other devices and it's been an excellent product. I highly recommend it as it is a fairly easy install and like I said once it's on you can't see it. No way I'm not protecting this screen. I've stayed clear of all the Tempered Glass protectors as I've not read anything good about any of them. I think armor makes one similar to skinomi but I've never used it or I take that back I have an armor liquid glass on my Zenwatch 2 smartwatch which feels identical to the skinomi. Either of those two you can't go wrong with. Both will give you exactly what you need and are both top notch products.

Even the cheapest tempered glass I have got don't bubble. That only happened with the plastic. Never had a need to wet apply

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Even the cheapest tempered glass I have got don't bubble. That only happened with the plastic. Never had a need to wet apply
Sure not the tempered glass there is not need to wet install but you get the Skinomi or Armor suite liquid skin there is no way you can dry install either of those. They even come with a solution. There is no way to apply it perfectly without bubbles on a dry install with liquid glass.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Sure not the tempered glass there is not need to wet install but you get the Skinomi or Armor suite liquid skin there is no way you can dry install either of those. They even come with a solution. There is no way to apply it perfectly without bubbles on a dry install with liquid glass.

never been a fan of plastic or wet apply. Once Tempered glass came out I was all in, I will never look back

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I don't even get the logic of a screen protector. They're usually made of plastic, which scuffs and scratches really easily. I've never (knock on wood) seen a scratch or scuff mark on any cell phone screen I've ever had. All screen protectors do is make an expensive phone look cheap.

Simple physics. Tempered glass protectors are harder than Gorilla Glass but easier to shatter, and that's what makes them protective. The impact's force gets distributed through the glass protector before it fully is transferred to the screen. The shattering of the protector dissipates the force of impact, hence preventing shattering of the phone screen itself. Think of it as a consumable shield.

Byrna55

Apr 25, 2018
Visit site
never been a fan of plastic or wet apply. Once Tempered glass came out I was all in, I will never look back

The problem with ballistic/tempered glass is that they don't adhere for long. I have gone through two different brands - TechArmor and Turata (from Amazon, comes with applicator frame) and both simply fell off after 6 weeks of use. This is my first curved screen smartphone, so I am only finding out now how unreliable the adhesives on curved ballistic glass screen protectors are. Wet application is possibly the only answer but it has to be optically very high quality, if that is even possible with soft/wet protectors.

Lmrkrang61

Jul 29, 2018
Visit site
The ZAGG Sapphire Defense is what I use on my S8, and even though I applied it almost incorrectly, I still have not had any issues whatsoever with protection. I prefer the ZSD over the ZID any day. My only issue with ZAGG is they don't make it for the Note8, and by all mean they should make it for all phones, not just top of the line.