Textra and Edge Notifications

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
For those of you Textra users that are fortunate enough to get Edge notifications working, Textra released a beta update in the Play Store (if you opted in for beta releases) to set the notification system in Textra to Android style notifications instead of Textra heads up notifications. With this setting, Textra now supports Edge notifications with the screen on and off.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
For beta, go to app in play store and scroll down. There is a way to opt in for beta versions. Once you do it the beta will show as an app update in about 20 minutes or so.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately, the edge notification still doesn't work for me. I've tried everything I possibly could, but for the life of me I can't get these edge notifications to work!

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the beta. If I switch to Android notifications I lose the text notifications on my Gear S2. Keep that in mind...

Vipmediastar

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
I switched back to stock because textra wasn't syncing on gear s3. With stock i did notice edge light up. I'll go back to textra if this gets fixed.

The Tick077

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up! I signed up for the beta specifically for this. I was able to get the edge notifications to work with the AOD, but not when the display was on, now with the beta version, both work!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty