AT&T Galaxy S8 AT&T Receiving Color Fix update

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Getting 479MB update now

I got it too. I don't feel like it really fixed the red tint. I had the red turned all the way off before. After it loaded, I went and tried to adjust it to normal but it still looked red.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Getting 479MB update now

That's pretty big for just the tint issue and security patch. Didn't an update on screen pop up saying what was updated?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's terrible to drop the adjustments that far to get a decent screen, never mind turning on the blue light filter

You do realize the blue light filter is meant for night time only right? I am not sure why you keep posting about it when it isn't for the use you are thinking of...

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
You are unable to fast charge with the brick in the box? Has this been an issue since you bought it? If so, I would exchange it.

Sorry, let me clarify.

I'm unable to fast WIRELESS charge with a third party fast wireless charger, unwilling to pay the massive amount for a Samsung convertible. My phone fast charges fine if plugged in.

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: AT&T Receiving Color Fix update

Does that work for you and keeping it or exchanging it?
I had faith in the Samsung fix and it came after my return period expired.

Honestly, the only way I'd be satisfied is if I was able to get my old S7 edge back. I've had so many issues including, but not limited to, text messages fail to send even though I have full bars of 4G LTE service. I don't want to go through the hassle of begging Samsung support to swap my device out. I'll just wait the 12 months and trade my phone in using the Next program and consider a different phone manufacturer.

Edit: Forgot to mention that my phone was case kept since minute 1. The back of my phone looks like it was run under a belt sander and it's scratched to oblivion. I've uploaded pictures to other threads but it's developed a lot more scratches since then.

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, let me clarify.

I'm unable to fast WIRELESS charge with a third party fast wireless charger, unwilling to pay the massive amount for a Samsung convertible. My phone fast charges fine if plugged in.
Have you tried a different 3rd party fast wireless charger? Perhaps it could be the one you're using.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried a different 3rd party fast wireless charger? Perhaps it could be the one you're using.

I have not and I am unwilling to take the chance unless it specifies it works with the S8. There are a lot of problems with wireless fast charging with this phone. I don't want to waste any more money on it.

I'm honestly ok with regular wireless charging anyway now. If I need more speed I'll plug in.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I paid 50 bucks for a Samsung Fast Wireless charger. Works like a charm. If you can afford a S8 or S8+ you can afford a $50 charger.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
You do realize the blue light filter is meant for night time only right? I am not sure why you keep posting about it when it isn't for the use you are thinking of...
Yes I'm aware of the purpose for the blue light it actually increases the yellow color onto the screen to lessen stress on your eyes mostly at night by decressing the blue of the screen, I use mine 24/7 it's just easier on my eyes.
My point was with the red turned all the way down when you minimize a color that also affects the color of the screen with the blue light on.
Just seems really extreme to fix a color issue by minimizing a adjustment if it was corrected it would be more in the middle, I believe its really a QC problem covered up with a software tweak.

CDH

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I have not and I am unwilling to take the chance unless it specifies it works with the S8. There are a lot of problems with wireless fast charging with this phone. I don't want to waste any more money on it.

I'm honestly ok with regular wireless charging anyway now. If I need more speed I'll plug in.

CHOETECH Fast Wireless Charger on Amazon, $20, works great with S8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa