Verizon Galaxy S8 SPAM

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Just got my S8 and started using the S8 forum. I'm getting iPhone spam that requires I close the browser. Can't back out.

Is this a problem with my phone or is this site infected with intractable spam?

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Are you using Samsung Internet or Chrome?
I use the Tapatalk app for forum browsing, which I recommend.

Mav. :cool:

Last edited:

TheyCallMeBT

May 2, 2017
Visit site
I also experienced this. I opened a tab to the forum, and three articles from the main site. One of the tabs had the popup that only gives you the choice to click Ok. When this has happened in the past, I would close all apps, then open Chrome, and quickly hit the tabs button and swipe away all the open tabs. The S8 was too quick for that. So I did a Google search (in another browser) to see how to close that kind of pop up without anything bad happening. And I learned (from a post on this forum, ironically) that you can hit the back button to close the popup. So I did that and quickly closed the tabs.

So yeah, I like this site. But how about let's not have this crap?

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I need to recommend Tapatalk as well. I only use the website if my phone is down to install a system update and I need to view the forums and can't wait 6 minutes.

It's happened.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I posted on the feedback forum allready that I encountered a spamware virus warning when on the g6 forum. saddly it is harder to investigate a web page from the mobile app.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Tapatalk is a great app! It Works well with Android Central. It even comes in more handy if you frequent multiple forums. It will allow you to access over 100,000 forums with just one app. Some forums are not even readable through a mobile web browser. It is very good on battery also. No, I don't work for themツ

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I run into this kind of spam on forums all the time. It's not just this forum it's most forums. Not sure if it is the forums ads or that inherently all forums have this spam hacked into it or the host of the forum is doing it. I think I am finally going to download tapatalk, hopefully it has been approved since the last time I tried to use it. I just did not like the setup in the app.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I use Tapatalk.

Anything else and you're begging for ads and pop ups

I tried Tapatalk but I was getting tired of getting emails from it so it was a form of spam to me. I removed Tapatalk and now just use the mobile app, it's great.

I guess I should mention that I only read these forums on my mobile devices.

hashfork

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
Tapatalk is a great app! It Works well with Android Central. It even comes in more handy if you frequent multiple forums. It will allow you to access over 100,000 forums with just one app. Some forums are not even readable through a mobile web browser. It is very good on battery also. No, I don't work for themツ

I agree. The experience on Tapatalk is much more optimized for mobile than most sites and so many forums use it now it really is very handy.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I tried Tapatalk but I was getting tired of getting emails from it so it was a form of spam to me. I removed Tapatalk and now just use the mobile app, it's great.

I guess I should mention that I only read these forums on my mobile devices.
You can remove the emails and notifications from the settings in Tapatalk. I don't get emails anymore from it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress