Verizon Galaxy S8 Interesting discovery with VR and keep phone turned off in pocket

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I had checked keep phone off in a dark place such as a pocket or bag. Every time that I hooked my phone up to my Samsung VR I would receive a notice "remove receiver and turn on phone". I could not figure out why this kept occurring as the phone was definitely on when I attached it to my VR. I then removed turn off in a dark place and that resolved my problem. Others may have figured this out but it took me a while to figure out my problem.

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site
I had checked keep phone off in a dark place such as a pocket or bag. Every time that I hooked my phone up to my Samsung VR I would receive a notice "remove receiver and turn on phone". I could not figure out why this kept occurring as the phone was definitely on when I attached it to my VR. I then removed turn off in a dark place and that resolved my problem. Others may have figured this out but it took me a while to figure out my problem.

I have that option enabled and still don't have any issues while connecting the VR, as long as I unlock it first before connecting to the headset.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
When I attach my phone to the Gear vr I see the apps, than I have to remove my phone and sometimes I need to repeat the same process several times! Foment my Samsung galaxy s8+