T-Mobile Galaxy S8 More free Samsung stuff!! HELP!

ApexDestroyer

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I recently bought 2 Galaxy S8s from T-Mobile during a great promotional time.
They had a BOGO sale ($750 pre-paid card after 8 weeks)
Then I qualified with T-Mobile for a new Gear VR and controller for each phone.
Then I qualified with Samsung for 6 Months of Netflix ($59.95 account credit), 64 GB SD card, and a S-View Flip Cover. For each phone!

Here is where it gets odd.

I received both of my Netflix credits instantly.
I am still waiting for the $750 gift card
I am still waiting for the 2 cases and the 2 Sd cards.

I received 1 Gear VR with Controller.
I received 1 Gear 360!

They sent me a Gear 360 instead of my second Gear VR kit!
I was so excited I couldn't believe it. I didn't need 2 VR kits anyway. This is amazing!
I thought that there was a shipping error and no one would notice.

I received this email the next day:
""""Thank you for participating in the T-Mobile Galaxy Free Gear VR promotion. We’re sorry you received a Gear 360 camera instead of the Gear VR with controller. We would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and confusion that this may have caused.

We are pleased to inform you we are preparing to ship your Gear VR with controller to the same address, which you provided at registration; you can expect this to be shipped to you within 2-days. As soon as your Gear VR with controller has shipped, you will receive a follow-up email with tracking information.

Your Gear VR with controller will also arrive with a pre-prepared shipping label in the box, which you may return your Gear 360 at no expense""""

So they want me to return the Gear 360 (I have already gotten attached) AND they are sending me another Gear VR kit.

What should I do? Anyone else get this lucky? BTW the Gear VR and Gear 360 arrived on my birthday!!!:D

TheyCallMeBT

May 2, 2017
Visit site
That's awesome! Would they even be able to charge you for it if you didn't return it? Like does that dept. even have your card information to bill you? It's their mistake-- I don't know if they can make you return it. You might just have to return the second VR if you prefer the 360. But yeah, that is pretty awesome!

mrr0ng

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I am in the exact same situation. I am reading that "may" as if it is very optional to return the Gear 360. I do not believe that they have any recourse.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Not returning it after they have told you it's a mistake, you know is a mistake, and they've asked and provided a way for you to give it back, would be theft. . Why keep something you didn't pay for when they are giving you so much already?

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
They might not have your billing info but they have your name and address. It's all they need to move forward to be reimbursed for the cost of the 360. Is not worth the trouble so just send it back.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I just saw this on FB. The lady called Samsung and told them she'd rather have the camera and they told her to keep both. My advice would be to call them, they are easy to deal with.

jcastilloalonso

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Could you share that post bassplayguy? I agree with people, they do not have our billing information and the terms and conditions state they might change the gift for something of same or greater value. Wonder if I can send back the VR and keep the Gear 360? I might give them a call this afternoon

deadbeatles

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Damn. And here I am, Mr. Sucker, thinking I got a good deal on one phone with one "free" VR Set by pre-ordering. All I had to do was wait a few months and I would be showered with gear.

You're lucky to get that 360. Those things aren't cheap.