Battery Case.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Who's tried one of the cases and do you think it's worth buying. Is it better to have an extra charger at your desk and in your car? That would be cheaper. But the convenience of charging only once a day and no worries is worth some price.

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
My review of the Mophie Juice Pack:

Ok so I bought the Juice Pack. I was considering the newer charge force case however I got to see the Juice Pack in person and it was not much thicker than the Otterbox defender that I have been using. I was going away on a trip so it was perfect timing to try it out. Here are my thoughts after a week.

It's very high quality, feels well made. It is bulkier and heavier than standard cases but that is to be expected. It has a nice soft touch feel to it though it's a little slick but not slippery. They designed the shape of it really well as it is very comfortable to hold. It does have a small lip on the front top and bottom (not as pronounced as the Defender) which I did unintentionally test out, it survived a face plant on to concrete so the lip did it's job and protected the screen. The fingerprint sensor is much deeper with the bulk of the case but still works fine, I was concerned about it but it's not an issue.

It has wireless charging so it works with any wireless charger (I have two different brands and it works with both) and pass through charging so it charges the phone first then the case. You can also charge it wired and it does still fast charge. The case redirects the speakers to be front facing which is really nice. It does work with Samsung pay although it was hit and miss on some terminals.

Here is the thing that really sold me - the charge force car vent mount charger. It's super convenient, it's magnetic and is wireless. It's just so easy to stick it on the mount when you get in the car and not fumble with cords.

I love not having to stress about battery life. It came in very handy on my first trip as I was in a place that didn't have a strong signal so my battery was draining fast and I used the case a few times. I can use the phone with full function, full brightness, etc. without having to worry. I like it so much it's probably going to be my daily driver.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
My review of the Mophie Juice Pack:

Ok so I bought the Juice Pack. I was considering the newer charge force case however I got to see the Juice Pack in person and it was not much thicker than the Otterbox defender that I have been using. I was going away on a trip so it was perfect timing to try it out. Here are my thoughts after a week.

It's very high quality, feels well made. It is bulkier and heavier than standard cases but that is to be expected. It has a nice soft touch feel to it though it's a little slick but not slippery. They designed the shape of it really well as it is very comfortable to hold. It does have a small lip on the front top and bottom (not as pronounced as the Defender) which I did unintentionally test out, it survived a face plant on to concrete so the lip did it's job and protected the screen. The fingerprint sensor is much deeper with the bulk of the case but still works fine, I was concerned about it but it's not an issue.

It has wireless charging so it works with any wireless charger (I have two different brands and it works with both) and pass through charging so it charges the phone first then the case. You can also charge it wired and it does still fast charge. The case redirects the speakers to be front facing which is really nice. It does work with Samsung pay although it was hit and miss on some terminals.

Here is the thing that really sold me - the charge force car vent mount charger. It's super convenient, it's magnetic and is wireless. It's just so easy to stick it on the mount when you get in the car and not fumble with cords.

I love not having to stress about battery life. It came in very handy on my first trip as I was in a place that didn't have a strong signal so my battery was draining fast and I used the case a few times. I can use the phone with full function, full brightness, etc. without having to worry. I like it so much it's probably going to be my daily driver.

I feel the flexibility and freedom it gives you is worth the price. Not to have to remember to bring a battery pack or remember to charge the battery pack plus the phone and then use the phone while connected with a battery pack isn't anywhere as sexy or convenient as a battery case.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Who's tried one of the cases and do you think it's worth buying. Is it better to have an extra charger at your desk and in your car? That would be cheaper. But the convenience of charging only once a day and no worries is worth some price.

I have the Mophie and it's great. Good for when you need battery and can't be held back by a cable.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I do have a battery case for all me devices, I go outback in remote Australia a bit and the device doesn't get signal so spends a lot of battery hunting for towers. It's handy to have the extra power when miles away on foot...
And I actually like the thick chunky feel of the otherwise flimsy slippery phones.
My gnarled old hands can grip them much better... :)

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
I have a battery case but makes the phone to big plus it would break at the first fall, I think is good for traveling when you don't have access to an outlet and you don't want to be plugged to a power bank either but a wireless charger for desktop and a fast charger for the car are well worth it

lordstimpy

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Got the Mophie for my S8+ before my cabin trip this past week. Worked great the whole time. I had the Samsung Fast Charger brick thing for awhile, so I am kinda used to the fast charge, but its not really missed.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Got the Mophie for my S8+ before my cabin trip this past week. Worked great the whole time. I had the Samsung Fast Charger brick thing for awhile, so I am kinda used to the fast charge, but its not really missed.

These type of situations are exactly why I would like one.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a Mophie juice pack for my S8 and I've only used it once. I just prefer to keep my S8 in a Lifeproof case because I work outside in dirt for 10 hours a day and it's offers the best protection. I'll use the Mophie when I travel on a plane, though.

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
my mophie juice pack became my every day case never have to worry about power and the protection is really good. Also have the mophie car charger which is very powerful