How to clear cache on Galaxy S8

A

AC Question

I take consumer surveys for pay. Since upgrading phone to Galaxy S8, several survey providers will not accept data I submit. Error messages suggest that clearing my cache is the first bug to test. How can I do this? Thanks.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I take consumer surveys for pay. Since upgrading phone to Galaxy S8, several survey providers will not accept data I submit. Error messages suggest that clearing my cache is the first bug to test. How can I do this? Thanks.

There are 2 types of cache APP and SYSTEM:

To Clear ALL APP CACHE:

-From a Home screen, navigate: Settings Settings icon > Storage icon.
-Tap Cached data.
-Tap CLEAR.

To Clear SYSTEM CACHE:

- Power down the S8
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 to 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times in order to highlight “Wipe cache partition.”
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight “Yes” and press the Power key to select.
- After the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And don't worry about losing any data (a frequent question here when discussing clearing the cache). All you lose is data that apps (or the system) stored, then failed to clear. The date can't be accessed any more (except as data attached to data that other apps generate), so there's nothing to lose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress