Unlocked or Carrier?

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Haha I know for some they can't stand it. I used to be bad about certain bloat and whatnot but as the years have gone on .. I have grown not to care. As long as it isn't some insane major change.. an app or two and a "Verizon" logo for 10 seconds on startup? Ehhh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm so sick of tmobles start up jingle on my note 5

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah my S8+ doesn't make a sound .. or at least I can't recall it doing anything. Just a "Hello" then "Verizon" -- then lock screen.

That's not the same device as my note 5 or carrier. Btw how do I fix a constant reboot on a rooted note 5? so glad I'm a phone addict or else I'll be stuck with this phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's not the same device as my note 5 or carrier. Btw how do I fix a constant reboot on a rooted note 5? so glad I'm a phone addict or else I'll be stuck with this phone.

Oh I guess I misunderstood your statement. Well of course I have the S8+ :p.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
How many times are you guys rebooting your devices to get annoyed by a 2 second startup logo or jingle? I've had this phone for going on 2 months and I've restarted it maybe twice.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
How many times are you guys rebooting your devices to get annoyed by a 2 second startup logo or jingle? I've had this phone for going on 2 months and I've restarted it maybe twice.
That's my thought lol I only see a logo or jungle during an update.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
That's my thought lol I only see a logo or jungle during an update.
I mean to each his own but at some point these things start to get really petty lol.

At least they don't have the carrier name in the notification bar like iPhones do. Ya know, just in case you forgot who you pay your bill to each month.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I mean to each his own but at some point these things start to get really petty lol.

At least they don't have the carrier name in the notification bar like iPhones do. Ya know, just in case you forgot who you pay your bill to each month.
Heck I can deal with a logo or jingle on power up. I am, however, very happy it has no branding on the aesthetics of the device. Lol

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Heck I can deal with a logo or jingle on power up. I am, however, very happy it has no branding on the aesthetics of the device. Lol
Exactly! And with the ability to flash the unlocked software and any other carrier software, at this point it doesn't really matter what phone you get. I can have a Verizon phone tomorrow, unlocked on Tuesday and back to T-Mobile on Wednesday.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Exactly! And with the ability to flash the unlocked software and any other carrier software, at this point it doesn't really matter what phone you get. I can have a Verizon phone tomorrow, unlocked on Tuesday and back to T-Mobile on Wednesday.
Yup! Exactly!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I only reboot once a week so that is why it really doesn't bother me. I start the phone and then go do something like grab a drink or w/e so I usually don't even see it :D.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I only reboot once a week so that is why it really doesn't bother me. I start the phone and then go do something like grab a drink or w/e so I usually don't even see it :D.

Well when you have a self rebooting phone as I stated it reboots on its own

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

At least Apple doesn't bend over to carriers like Samsung does and treats them the way they should. Apple's software experience is same across all carriers, around the world. People are not just complaining about boot logo and sound, it's also firmware, carriers disabling features that are in other firmwares etc.
Agree at least you can flash the unlocked firmware on any carrier device so if someone is bothered they can easily get on to unlocked firmware or buy the unlocked version. But if I have to pay same amount I'll gladly choose the unbranded version over the carrier version.