Bixby > google assistant?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Who here is using Bixby rather than GA? I decided to go all in instead of trying to use Bixby for certain things and GA for others. I knew I would favor GA because it's familiar.

I found that Bixby is very capable but a bit clunky. It has to launch apps and can't provide information in its own interface. So getting directions means waiting for Bixby to launch the app find home start routing and then present an ETA. not the end of the world and I'm sure it'll improve. Other things that GA can't do like scrolling, swiping, and turning settings on and off are awesome.

Thoughts?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Who here is using Bixby rather than GA? I decided to go all in instead of trying to use Bixby for certain things and GA for others. I knew I would favor GA because it's familiar.

I found that Bixby is very capable but a bit clunky. It has to launch apps and can't provide information in its own interface. So getting directions means waiting for Bixby to launch the app find home start routing and then present an ETA. not the end of the world and I'm sure it'll improve. Other things that GA can't do like scrolling, swiping, and turning settings on and off are awesome.

Thoughts?

Theres so many of these threads already.

jacker

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
You have to use both to get maximum benefit

Bixby is good for adjusting settings on the fly and I use GA for general queries still and for opening and using Google maps and making appts.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
In in the UK so still have a wait to get Bixby Voice here but I'm looking forward to trying it. I know I can set location based reminders with Bixby just now via the app but can this be done using voice commands too? eg "Bixby, remind me to pick up milk when I leave work".
Also can Bixby Voice be used to start gps navigation on 3rd party apps like Waze or TomTom Go instead of Google Maps?

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
So if you want a movie review or the starting time of a baseball game you can use Bixby? If so, you're a better man than I am, Gunga Din.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok then maybe a mod can merge them

That would be what the little triangle with the ! is for, to Report a thread or post and ask that it be merged, or whatever. I looked at the 3 current Bixby threads, and there is enough difference that I don't think a merge is needed or beneficial.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Bixby is taking over lol. On the threads that is lol. I don't mind all the bixby thtrads so I don't think it needs to be merged. We all are just learning about bixby. Why not have a lot of threads right now.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Because that gets confusing, the same things are discussed over and over and it makes learning anything for new users that much more difficult. Creating threads just to create threads is counterproductive.
That's the issue. The same thing has been said by the same people multiple times that it becomes as redundant as...

I'm guilty of posting the same comments multiple times because there's so many threads about the same topic.

I was going to post one this morning asking what we could hope for with the future of Bixby but then I saw just how many threads there were and skipped it.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Re: Bixby > google assistant?

From the menu there is a report button. Always been there :p.
This menu?

Edit: I just looked everywhere in tapatalk and I don't see a report option anywhere. Is this gonna be like Google photos where you got to keep the good features and I get stuck with the hand me down version?

d2b5f13512853d6a39c0815c4a161613.jpg

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'll have to leave tapatalk to my fearless Team Leader as I use a laptop most of the time, or Internet on my S8+. You can also PM any Moderator to report a thread, post or user.

And, now that I've taken the thread off topic, we shall return to our Bixby discussion :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95