Test messaging application

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So, as of recently, I tried to use Textra as my main messaging application from the Play Store. I know that everyone ribs highly about it considering it's so customizable and easy to use Etc. However, today, I tried to send a few video messages and they all failed and the picture messages took longer to send out than they should have on LTE data. So, for the first time ever in my Android smartphone life, I'm trying Verizon messaging and I will admit that so far is awesome. Easily sends out picture messages and video messages and gives you a read receipt and is super super customizable. Has anyone ever tried Verizon messaging before? Thank you.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You sure the LTE wasn't just bad in the area you're in? Pictures should handle the same in Textra as they do in stock.

Video messages are iffy depending how big.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You sure the LTE wasn't just bad in the area you're in? Pictures should handle the same in Textra as they do in stock.

Video messages are iffy depending how big.
I will say that for the most part sending a few picture messages in Textra was fine and yet LTE coverage was perfect in my area. It's really video messages or sending a lot of everything all at once. I tried to find you an all of that Textra settings for MMS settings it just didn't work. It worked fine by all the default settings in Verizon messaging plus though. Everyone seems to Rave about that application in the Play Store as well.

hydrofarmer

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Textra has settings for size limits you may want to look into. Poke around the settings and see whats up. I have zero issues on Verizon S8+ with Textra.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Textra has settings for size limits you may want to look into. Poke around the settings and see whats up. I have zero issues on Verizon S8+ with Textra.
Yeah it's weird because I tried all the Legacy and system settings for MMS all the size limitations the picture messaging I didn't have as much of a problem with as I did with video messaging.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I use Verizon messaging and I think it's great. The only problem is that it doesn't work with Bixby.
Yes so far, Verizon messaging Plus application is super customizable, super easy to use and quickly sends a tall text, picture, video messaging quickly. I stop using Vicks being disabled everything regardless of it I'm actually running a custom pixel launcher setup via Nova Launcher on my essay right now. But yeah Verizon messaging plus is pretty cool so far.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87