proximity sensor issue

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Greetings, I noticed that when I put my phone face down on a surface the screen takes about 30 seconds to turn off. When I am in a call and put the phone to my face it the screen goes black immediately so the sensor is working in that aspect. If I'm not in a call, turn the screen off and lay it face down, the screen turns on and stays on for the aforementioned 30 seconds then shuts off. My wife's phone displays none of these issues. Has anyone else experienced this issue? ***sorry so long winded

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Greetings, I noticed that when I put my phone face down on a surface the screen takes about 30 seconds to turn off. When I am in a call and put the phone to my face it the screen goes black immediately so the sensor is working in that aspect. If I'm not in a call, turn the screen off and lay it face down, the screen turns on and stays on for the aforementioned 30 seconds then shuts off. My wife's phone displays none of these issues. Has anyone else experienced this issue? ***sorry so long winded

Have you checked the display settings? Make sure it has auto screen off when in pocket.

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
turns out it was the accessibility feature under the dexterity feature in settings. I had it set to wave my hand over the screen to turn on. I turned it off and now it seems to be working correctly, fingers crossed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress