Is anyone so fed up with Samsung that they are thinking about going to something else?

dcmarch#AC

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Never had any software problems however don't like the weak screen. Twice I have been lying on my back and phone slid out of pocket and cracked the screen. Should be able to withstand a inch fall. I have never broke a screen before this one.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
No problems with my s8+ early the best phone I've ever had. If I were to go with another brand I think it would be LG. For the money you really get about. The new motos are looking cool too. But they are still not a galaxy device :)

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Yep. I have my S8 listed for sale or trade right now. I'm not digging the S8 all that much really. Not sure why but it's just not doing it for me. I'm going back to Honor.

abbeyglen

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
:cool: In my case I'm not Feed up with Samsung performance. But I believe they create

some useless apps like: Bixby-Samsung Internet-Pin unlock on the back,.etc. Bixby

I use Samsung Internet, BIXBY I've just started using since global release of the voice assistant yesterday and have been impressed so far and call me a whatever but I also love the fingerprint sensor on the back can easily unlock whilst taking from my pocket, or whilst opening the case (I use folio case)

We are all different we all have our own preferences just because you happen to think things are useless doesn't mean that they are :)

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Personally I've had nothing but good luck with Samsung, except when lollipop broke numerous phones including my Note 3, then they didn't update it again due to its age.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I've had good luck with Samsung but I like to try new things too. I've had an HTC One M9 and an LG V20. I liked the M9 but the camera sucked. I also really loved the V20 but the camera was decent but nowhere near as good as what Samsung has put out the past few years. Very intrigued by the V30 and will probably end up getting one of them when they drop.

I will say that the S8+ is an awesome phone and I am really impressed with it. Wish it had an IR blaster but it is a great phone.

Axidrain

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site
I hate that my S8 is not as to integrate well with my work email/contact/calendar account based on Microsoft Exchange. Sure, Microsoft has an app that works well in Android, but the information is confined in the app. This makes bixsy useless, and limits the phone's functions in general.

Apple does a much better job in allowing various email platforms to be integrated.
It's down to the app developer to include bixby function. There's gonna be more app compatibility in the future I'm sure

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I hear you @Snareman. I've had numerous problems with my S8+...or rather, the exact same problem over three warranty replacements. For reasons I can't understand, my USB-C port keeps losing the ability to connect to USB peripherals or to my Gear VR. And after trying virtually every software fix, including factory reset and firmware reflash, the only solution has always been to simply get a warranty replacement. It's been infuriating, almost to the point where I wanted to use my T-Mobile Jump On Demand to just make the plunge into the Apple-verse.

...but then I considered all the stuff I'd have to give up. Wireless charging, Samsung Pay, the iris scanner, etc. My Gear S3 would work with an iPhone, albeit poorly. Alternatively I could get an Apple Watch. But the wife has an iPhone 7 Plus and an Apple watch (both birthday presents from me, ironically), and I've got to say that I rarely have any envy for those devices.

If Samsung sucks, it's only because they push the envelope with regards to innovation more than Apple, and sometimes fail at it. Mind you, I'm not trying to take a dig at Apple. They're more conservative in their approach, and when they release a technology, you can be sure it'll work seamlessly with all their other products. But I prefer to take my chances with experimental tech, even when it doesn't work perfectly. So while Samsung has its issues and isn't always as reliable as Apple, I've sort of learned to live with this.

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I have had nothing but Samsung phones for at least a decade. I have tried a few others during that time, and I have ALWAYS been found them completely unacceptable in one way or another. Happy Samsung long-term owner here.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I am done with Samsung. my next phone will most likely a pixel.
horrid battery, redundant and bad apps (except Samsung browser), the lock screen is atrocious, laggy.
I use a Moto z play for work and have had it about a year. never once have I had to restore it or clear the cache and it runs like a top. I have to restore my S7 about every other month because it just runs like crap. The fingerprint sensor is far and away better and works like it should. touch it and it unlocks and opens the phone, touch it again and it locks the phone. double tap a notification and it opens, fingerprint if it's locked.
The S8 offered nothing except bixby. I wanted the note 8 but it's an S8 with a small battery and pen.
Samsung pay has been the only thing keeping me, and with them offering up the app next year. why stay.

nasznjoka

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
:cool: In my case I'm not Feed up with Samsung performance. But I believe they create

some useless apps like: Bixby-Samsung Internet-Pin unlock on the back,.etc. Bixby

created to compete with, the giant Google Assistant: Samsung internet can Not

substitute the mobile browsers..Chrome-FFox-Opera >>Now they copy and

came in SGs8 with the Phone unlock from the back, which hasn't worked

as expected. Users in undeveloped countries don't pay attention to

these features - Hope its market strategist get the message

Samsung internet is the best browser there is

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I hate that my S8 is not as to integrate well with my work email/contact/calendar account based on Microsoft Exchange. Sure, Microsoft has an app that works well in Android, but the information is confined in the app. This makes bixsy useless, and limits the phone's functions in general.

Apple does a much better job in allowing various email platforms to be integrated.

Exactly what kind of problems are you having?

My work exchange account works great on my S8.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Nope. I have had nothing but Samsung phones for at least a decade. I have tried a few others during that time, and I have ALWAYS been found them completely unacceptable in one way or another. Happy Samsung long-term owner here.
Here as well. I've had so many branded phones especially after the Note 7 issue, every.single.time. I'm back with a Samsung. Now the Note 8 is coming out...

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I am done with Samsung. my next phone will most likely a pixel.
horrid battery, redundant and bad apps (except Samsung browser), the lock screen is atrocious, laggy.
I use a Moto z play for work and have had it about a year. never once have I had to restore it or clear the cache and it runs like a top. I have to restore my S7 about every other month because it just runs like crap. The fingerprint sensor is far and away better and works like it should. touch it and it unlocks and opens the phone, touch it again and it locks the phone. double tap a notification and it opens, fingerprint if it's locked.
The S8 offered nothing except bixby. I wanted the note 8 but it's an S8 with a small battery and pen.
Samsung pay has been the only thing keeping me, and with them offering up the app next year. why stay.
I had the s7edge before s8+. Mine as well was glitchy pretty bad, all sorts of issues. S8+? Night and day difference, even (in my opinion) the s8+ reminded me of my beloved Note 7

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I had a Samsung Galaxy S6 and a S7 both of which I loved, but I was having battery issues with both after about 6 months of use. I really didn't like the curved glass feature of the S8, so I decided to try the LG G6. Boy, I'm glad I did make the switch! I have no complaints with the G6, as I now have incredibly battery life, great camera, fast performance, and a large screen.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I've had Samsung phones over the past 5 years and I wouldn't dare go to any other flagship. Samsung has been good to me and I haven't had any problems with them that weren't fixed with a software update. I love my S8+ and it has been great to me throughout these past 4 months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87